My seat puts my junk to sleep, HELP!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imfixinmopars

Reaction score
is there any decent[whats the best one?] seats out there that i can ride the bike more than 40 mi w/o issues? i see a corbin for sale,but cant pm yet,nice. any for sale?thx

Re: my seat puts my junk asleep,help

I bought a Corbin--didn't like it. Felt like I was sitting astride a draft horse--too wide. Bought a Starfighter seat from Jon at UFO--love it. Cost me 175 d's because my bike is an '07 and I just kept the passenger seat, so I only replaced the front/center sections. 235, otherwise. I sit about 3 inches lower, now, which makes it a different bike, all togither. Quality is great--price was great. I went and picked it up, Jon put it together for me and gave me a tour of his shop. Very cool. I've heard those who have issues with him--I am a satisfied customer. Haven't gone more than 100-102 miles at a sitting, but I like the way the seat feels.

http://www.ufocycles.com/UFO_Page.php?title=UFO Vmax Starfighter Seat&type=product

Check it out--hope this helps.

Chris.

I ALSO HAVE A UFO SEAT ! LOVE IT ! WORTH EVERY PENNY ! WHAT A DIFFERANCE ! ALOT OF TIMES ON A LONG RIDE OVER 200 MILES , I'LL PUT MY FEET BACK UP ON THE PASSENGER PEGS JUST TO SWITCH POSITION A LITTLE-BIT & GET THE BLOOD FLOWING ! & SOMETIMES I SIT UP ON THE PASSENGER SEAT ALSO ! & LEAN WAY OVER ONTO MY DRAG BARS ,! JUST FOR 5 MINUTES , WORKS GREAT ! GOOD FOR ANOTHER HALF AN HOUR UNTILL YOU NEED TO DO IT AGAIN !

is there any decent[whats the best one?] seats out there that i can ride the bike more than 40 mi w/o issues? i see a corbin for sale,but cant pm yet,nice. any for sale?thx

First get rid of that horse saddle of a stock seat
Second dont waste your hard earned money on a Corbin

I have a guy here local that does seats for 150 just like the starfighter from UFO

I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to spend a dime with UFO. He's great until there's an issue. Jekyll and Hyde!:damn angry:

Sean Morley who's a VMOA member and a VMF member makes them as well and does a great job.

I'd rather spend my money with a member!:biglaugh:

His email is [email protected]

my seat put my junk to sleep also. My UFO does the same thing. I use an Airhawk also, that stops the pins and needles, works well.
Before the ufo I had a corbin. Unlike 90% of the people here I thought he corbin was very comfy to sit on. The only problem i had with it is i started getting pains between my shoulder blades/upper back. i have never had that problem ever. so i sold it. and bought the ufo.
The problem i have with the UFO, Morley and spormax seats is that you sit down in a valley and there isnt much room from front to back. you are wedged in and it squishes my nuts. thats why i use the airhawk also and that helps a lot. Sportmax makes a double padded seat so you dont sit as low and there is a little more room from front to back.
Seat choice and comfort is all personal opinion. try to find someone near you to sit on their seats.
Also you could try Sean Morley. he is very kind and will let you return the seat if you dont like it. he may have a corbin laying around also

my seat put my junk to sleep also. My UFO does the same thing. I use an Airhawk also, that stops the pins and needles, works well.
Before the ufo I had a corbin. Unlike 90% of the people here I thought he corbin was very comfy to sit on. The only problem i had with it is i started getting pains between my shoulder blades/upper back. i have never had that problem ever. so i sold it. and bought the ufo.
The problem i have with the UFO, Morley and spormax seats is that you sit down in a valley and there isnt much room from front to back. you are wedged in and it squishes my nuts. thats why i use the airhawk also and that helps a lot. Sportmax makes a double padded seat so you dont sit as low and there is a little more room from front to back.
Seat choice and comfort is all personal opinion. try to find someone near you to sit on their seats.
Also you could try Sean Morley. he is very kind and will let you return the seat if you dont like it. he may have a corbin laying around also

Sean will pretty much do what ever you ask. I went with the full drop of 1.5 inches (I think) and probably should have gone 1"

I'm a big boy so the bigger you are the worse it is. I too have an air hawk that I bought for the stock seat and it makes ANY seat more comfy!:thumbs up:

I'm with Mnmax on this. I tried Sportmax and still had the same ass pain after an hour. Then I went to a corbin and had it custom trimmed/shaped and it's perfect. Took a 12 hr ride straight last year..no back or butt numbness just a bit in the neck and wrist. As I said before the bar and peg positions are critical in setting up proper comfort of the seat. Corbin distributes weight better so you're not focusing all of your weight on the small of your back/tailbone

I have a lower stock and a corbin - I find both comfortable, but the corbin is more comfortable for the passenger - for long 2 up riding, corbin - for single riding and for looks - the lowered original seat.

That's my take on this subject!

Mike

I WOULD LOVE TO DESIGN MY OWN SEAT ! MY UFO SEAT IS GREAT, BUT I WISH I COULD TAKE OUT THE CENTER SECTION , SO MY ASS WAS BACK 3 INCHES FURTHER ! THEN IT WOULD BE PERFECT ! EVEN IF IT WAS ONE PIECE , & I HAD TO REMOVE IT TO GET FUEL ! I COULD MAKE IT SO IT POPS OFF SOME HOW ! CORBINS TO ME , RUIN THE LOOK & STYLE OF THE V-MAX !

I have noticed twice now that my ufo seat puts my nuts to sleep after an hour or so.LOL! Feels kinda cool!

I ALWAYS LIKE ANYTHING THAT MAKES MY NUTS TINGLE ! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I can ride the stock seat all day. There is an easy way to do it, wear padded bike shorts. Makes all of the difference. Compared to my Husqvarna seat, the V-Max is a La-Z-Boy.

Mike

I rode my Max home from the seller just 17 miles and I hated the stock seat in the first ten minutes. I got a Corbin with the bike, made the change the same evening. Hard as hell but ok after after 10 miles. I'm 6'6". so neither is the total answer. If the pegs were one inch lower and two inches higher it would be waaay better. Im sort of glad I need to stop for gas every 100 miles.

ya it hapens to me but only when i have on jeans . work pants , jean shorts are ok :confused2: my 89 had a corbin and i didnt like it , it was to wide , and i dont think it was any better than the stock one on my 02 . at least the stock one lets me sit with my feet flat on the ground .

I rode my Max home from the seller just 17 miles and I hated the stock seat in the first ten minutes. I got a Corbin with the bike, made the change the same evening. Hard as hell but ok after after 10 miles. I'm 6'6". so neither is the total answer. If the pegs were one inch lower and two inches higher it would be waaay better. Im sort of glad I need to stop for gas every 100 miles.

I know what ya mean I am 6ft 7 and the only aches I get after hard riding 150 miles is the inner muscles of my thighs my left leg
What ya can do is buy them engine protectors and throw your legs out over them once in awhile to stretch I cant no more my NOS bottle is in the way on the left side so I just throw my legs on the scoops to stretch em
With my modded seat I dont have any soreness

I LOVE my forward controls, which did help out my Corbin. The Corbin still sucks and I'm getting a Muscle Seat hopefully here shortly. The only negative to the forwards for me, is that it's a little hairy getting after the bike with your feet not under you, and hanging on can be a chore!

My 05 came with a Corbin. I've considered removing it because of the width, but so far I've left it because of the backrest. Helps with my passenger riding.

As far as comfort, I think it's great.... but my other bikes are sportbikes. :confused2:

Back