My track towing and shop vehicle.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
I know you guys all love my " I just bought it " videos.......Well atleast 2fear does lol.

This is my 1998 Dodge Dakota 5.2 ( 318 ) 5 spd with a 12 bolt 3.92 trac-lock or whatever Dodge calls their posi rearends. It came from Texas, 76,000 miles grandpa truck. Clear coat is peeling bad. I am going to paint it Solar Yellow or some kind of other peculiar color with either a flat black shaker hood or maybe some type of cowl hood. Not sure yet. I also got R/T wheels ( 17x9's) and should have some 275-55-17's mounted on it soon. Going to lower it 3 inches all the way around also. True Dual exhaust with some shorty headers, maybe an x cross over if I can fabricate it or buy one. Not sure motor wise if I ll do anything. If I do it will be a Hughes whiplash cam, maybe a set of ported heads with 2.02 valves and some heavy springs, possibly some 1.6 roller rockers as well. If I go that far I ll put a Hughes Big Gulp intake setup on it, maybe just maybe a squirt of juice and a new computer setup. If I go all that way I think this thing should run in the 12's on motor and low 12's to high 11's on the bottle. But I am not sure if I want that or not. That would kinda take away from the idea that its supposed to be a tow vehicle lol.

But I sold all my trucks and needed another shop truck, why not one that would be a little fun ?:biglaugh:

Also I ll paint this one myself if I do paint it. I might wrap it. Just not 100% sure yet what I want to do. Not sure if I want a little hot rod with my company name on it if I am doing burnouts at a stop light lol.

Hemi shaker hood

mopp_0012_06_z+custom_dodge_dakota_rt+hood_vent.jpg

Cowl Hood

Tuned_Dodge_Dakota_R-T_(Centropolis_Laval_%2710).JPG

Another hood I was comtemplating.

DSC01750.jpg

Solar Yellow ( stock R/T Paint )

337335d1327686749-dodge-dakota-r-t-rc-dscf3684.jpg

But anyways, as always there has to be a beginning.

Video of it below.

Truck looks good. I like the shaker hood. Reminds me of the old days.

+3 on the Shaker hood... I have a friend with the older body style and with a pretty stock engine other than exhaust and a computer he went 12.50's in it but it was an automatic...

+4 on the Shaker Scoop.......:punk:

My all time favorite style scoop

I passed a truck this week that had the hood that's on the red one. It looked good. The truck was all yellow. It said something Bee on the side. don't remember exactly.

That's a nice little truck. I have a truck that is pretty similar to yours. It is an absolute money pit. Some of the major modifications include a supercharger, intake, full exhaust, full track suspension and so much more.

100_1872.jpg

Bike and trailer don't eat squat so this is how I roll. Great on gas and don't even know its back there, except for the time I strapped it down wrong and it was almost half way over when I glanced back at it. Yeoweeee!
abe7upej.jpg
aqe4u6y9.jpg
8yry5asy.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Pat, are/were you an electrician? I thought electricians were the only ones who used uni-strut for any job that required fabrication.

Versatile stuff. I use it in a similar fashion for tying down my dirt bikes in a flat bed, vmax engine stand, home made bearing puller, case splitter.... Plus, it works pretty good for all the stuff we do at work too :biglaugh:

Back