My V-Max Journal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
make sure to clearcoat with spraymax!

I was going to go with flat black and flat white.... but I am having second thoughts on that.

Either way. I need to resand and respray. It did not come out as good as I wanted.

Just wondering... Did you use a different primer for the non metal parts? If you are going to sand and redo, you might want to get the Spraymax 2k primer. It costs a bit more, but your paint will stick a lot better and you will get a great finish. The spraymax cans have a MUCH better spray head. After you use it, you might decide to use spraymax 2k for your top coat as well. a paint store can add any color you want.

Just wondering... Did you use a different primer for the non metal parts? If you are going to sand and redo, you might want to get the Spraymax 2k primer. It costs a bit more, but your paint will stick a lot better and you will get a great finish. The spraymax cans have a MUCH better spray head. After you use it, you might decide to use spraymax 2k for your top coat as well. a paint store can add any color you want.

The paint I have has the primer mixed in already. The paint stuck just fine, just the texture + the flat black makes it look like a crap rattle can job.

Alright, So I am repainting the bike again. Went over it with a bit finer sandpaper and just gave it another coat of black. Once I let it set a bit. I will try and see if I need to hit it up a last time or not.

I have to say, rubbing my bike down so often (feel free to read that in as sexual as a way as you want) has defiantly shaped my idea of the highlights.

Alright. I am moving into taping off the scoops now, here is the general design. 99% sure I will be doing the right one. And yes, the line work is going to be redone. I was just in a hurry to put it down and see it.

More tapeing. The scoops will deffently need to be redone by someone with better hands then me.

picture.php

Back