My Winter Drag Bike Project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Well, I'm selling my old bikes.... some old HD Sprints and a 1966 Yamaha YM-1 to make a little $$ for my winter project. I've been picking up a few parts here and there, and I finally went out to the garage and put some of it together and walla... I have a 1300 Venture motor that I need to get working on for the powerplant, and I hope to take off the nitrous from my 02 and use it on this bike (I hope to save my 02 for my everyday bike, unless I blow it up first). I would love to do a chain drive conversion, but don't know if that will ever happen.

I have Iowa City Motorsports somewhat sponsoring me... they are getting me a great deal on parts. If anyone needs anyting, please let me know and I can order them for you or they said you can contact them and they will do their best to beat any price (besides eBay or other online closeouts). You can reach them on-line at www.iowacitymotorsports.com and you can e-mail orders at [email protected] Please tell them you are on the VMax Forum and that Jeff Huber sent you. They will mail the parts directly to you and everything. Cliff is the Parts Manager and a great guy to deal with. Their phone number is 319-351-5900. We might want to get this on the vendor link, so if there are any moderators reading this, please let me know what I should do.

If anyone has any extra parts they want to get rid of for a decent price or donate to the cause, feel free to send them my way.:clapping:I'm also looking for any ideas as to what I should do to the frame and swingarm to brace it (if its even needed). I'm going to try and modify a stock fuel tank to reduce the size and save on weight. This should also give me plenty of room to hide the nitrous components. This is going to be as bare-bones as possible and probably won't be street legal. Anyone can make a Busa go fast, now it's time to try and make a fat, old, donkey go fast. I want a 9 second bike, so I'm going to stop eating for the next 6 months and see if I can't loose 40 pounds.... that should take off a few tenths.

Attachments

• P1010154.jpg
    P1010154.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
  • P1010155.jpg
    P1010155.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 24
  • P1010156.jpg
    P1010156.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1010157.jpg
    P1010157.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 24
Looks like a helluva lot of work, but yet fun :eusa_dance:

Good Luck Jeff. I'll be looking foward to seeing your end result. In the mean time....... Go easy on the 02 :biglaugh:

Jeff, that looks like a cool project. I was looking at my bike the other day trying to figure out how to reinforce the frame/swingarm. I'll let you know if I find some weak points... do the same for me too bro.:biglaugh:

Man, she is a Purteeeee! I love the paint job on the faux, is that color made by House of colors?
Another money pit. If I have ever decided to get back into dragracing I would by a dragbike rather than build another one. I had close to 35,000 in my GSXR and I sold it back in 95 for 8500.00 Hmm can you say loss.
Good luck with it. 9 second VMAX on a low budget is going to be pretty interesting.
Just run straight seafoam that should get it easily into the low 10's:rofl_200:

screw that... buy a busa or a 14, set it at 64-65", air shifter, pc-3, brocks smeg or sidewinder, re-gear, and a small shot on it and 'voila' high 8's and you can ride it to the track. may need to do a little more if it's a gen 1 busa, but they're super easy to work on so it's easy

screw that... buy a busa or a 14, set it at 64-65", air shifter, pc-3, brocks smeg or sidewinder, re-gear, and a small shot on it and 'voila' high 8's and you can ride it to the track. may need to do a little more if it's a gen 1 busa, but they're super easy to work on so it's easy

< In the voice of Stan's dad >
Hey! isn't this a VMAX Forum? I thought this was a VMAX Forum! I thought this was a VMAX Forum!

Back