My Yamabusa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to be single and be able to move your garage to the living room in cold weather :)

Mocking up the rear tail from a 08 Hayabusa. I wanted to retain the stock VMax seat and to not cover up the side covers as well. Lots of trimming was involved!!

Attachments

• IMG_2023-01-10-14-53-04-357~2.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-10-14-53-04-357~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2023-01-10-16-03-01-463~2.jpg
    IMG_2023-01-10-16-03-01-463~2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
That poor 'ol rear wheel is lookin' nude sitting out there all by its lonesome.

I like this treatment better, but hey, it's your bike, you're payin' dem bills, so what floats your boat.

Hyabusa-Charlie.jpg

It reminds me of the big M.F.'in alien Mamma (apologies to Grant Wood):

Alien by Chris Lieb.jpgalien-queen_mother.jpg

The black was boring! Needed something new for this year!

Attachments

• IMG_2023-04-15-12-36-21-935~2.jpg
    IMG_2023-04-15-12-36-21-935~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Looks like a B-I-G rake on the front of that Green Monster. I dunno, the massive center and the stretched wheelbase aren't my favorite look for the VMax, where the rear wheel is so-far beyond the rest of the bike, and the extended front end w/its aero front fender and the front fairing on there, it just isn't coherentI enough for my taste. But I give lotsa points for the attempt. Is the induction system going to be stock, or are you adding some type of power-booster like a turbo, or a supercharger? Since the exhaust is not showing tubing for a turbo, I'd say no to that.

I am curious to see what the final look is.

It is stretched a lot. I extended the factory swingarm/driveshaft 10" and raked the front 8". The induction will be my 2nd version of an aluminum intake for a Holley carb and nitrous plate. It looks like a mini tunnel ram. I have to pick it up from my aluminum welder guy then I will post pics.

Are you using an 80507-1 4-bbl Holley? What type of controller are you going to use for the engine? My friend who builds drag bikes uses Schnitz boxes which provide much flexibility in tuning. Here's a Kawasaki he built w/an Edelbrock NOS controller. One nozzle for NOS, and one for additional fuel to keep the engine from turning into a pile of slag.

Hyabusa white.02.pngNOS  on a Kawi.jpg

Last edited:
This time around I'm giving a Holley 450 4 barrel a try. The nitrous is an actual Edelbrock square bore plate with 40ish HP jetting. I use a blue nitrous button on my throttle side to activate.

Start building your wrist,twist muscles. Them 4 barrels take a little more effort .
I don't remember for sure. But I think the bike we had. Had a holley 300 or 350 on it.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back