Nags Head NC info - worth taking bike?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolmax

Reaction score
Going to Nags Head for the 1st week of April. Thinking of taking the bike in case I need theropy. Any good roads in that area to ride?

There's only one hwy N-S through Nags Head. You won't want to take any East or West turns - it'll become very wet in a hurry.

Sorry, but the only roads I know worth talking about in NC are way over on the opposite end of the state. Aka Maggie Valley, Tail of the Dragon, etc....

I got married in OBX. It will be 11 years in April. Haven't been back since, that pretty much ruined it for me :biglaugh:

It was the 2nd week of April when I was there. I remember it being cool, and really windy. Bring something warm.

+1 to there not being a lot of roads there. Its a narrow strip of land.

OBX is a very boring place. It's for people with large families to stay together and keep themselves by each other. I know fun is subjective, but I think most people would agree, there isn't much fun things to do there, that is unless you like duck hunting, laying on the beach all day, or off shore fishing. I would take your bike, just to keep your sanity.

My wife and i went to obx and surrounding area and had a blast. We rented a cnvertable mustang for 3 days and drove all over. Lots to do and see. If you start at rhehoboth beach and head to naggs head like we did in nice weatheryou can only have fun. We stayed at the boardwalk on the ocean in rhehoboth beach and took a tram to the next town and got drank as hell. Lots of fun and great views. Lots of crazy people to people watch on the boardwalk. I did 100 mph with the mustang on ocracoke island. Blackbeard lived on the island. We got to see the wild horses on asateague island. If i was you i would get on google maps and plan to stay over night some place away from the hotel you start at its worth double paying if you to. Trust me if the weather is good you will have alot of fun on the vmax. One thing to watch for is sand on the pavement. I hope you have great weather.

Back