Nash Flash questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 12424

Reaction score
Just bought the Voodoo exhaust for my 2009. Taking it to dealer for them to install. Want to make sure I understand the process (not mechanically inclined or knowledgeable about this stuff)
- Dealer installs exhaust system
- Dealer pulls stock ECU
- I ship it to Nash
- I have dealer pull air box and I do the modification
- Nash ships it back and dealer installs it and airbox with K&N high flow filter
Do I need to do anything else? Dyno-tune?
Also, what does the air induction option on his web site mean?

Thanks much

No reason why you can't do the whole thing yourself. Why get killed by the dealer.
Only tool required to get to the ECU and to remove the air box is a set of allen wrenches.
Id be happy tt help you through it.

Last edited:
Will the dealer actually remove the cat?? It's a federal crime. Unless it's for race/off road use. Or are they slip ons??
Same rules apply to a motorcycle with a factory cat as they do for cars and trucks. They were cracking down on custom tuners that were knowingly bypassing federal emissions control devices in Florida a few months back. Seems kinda stupid on motorcycles. But as sales increase, Uncle Sam becomes more interested.

No reason why you can't do the whole thing yourself. Why get killed by the dealer.
Only tool required to get to the ECU and to remove the air box is a set of allen wrenches.
Id be happy tt help you through it.

I really appreciate it, but no kidding, put a tool in my hand and things go wrong :).
But do I have the sequence correct?
They are two mufflers and two "y" pipes, so I really don't know if the cat will be removed.

I really appreciate it, but no kidding, put a tool in my hand and things go wrong :).
But do I have the sequence correct?
They are two mufflers and two "y" pipes, so I really don't know if the cat will be removed.

LOL....Yes the cat comes off and is replaced by the 2 "mid-pipes".
You have the sequence correct. I'd have them pull the ECU while you're there if they will, this way you can ship it out that day and get it turned around quickly.

On a side note Itgoes, I took my Vmax to the mountains for a day of riding about 2 weeks ago. I will be doing 5 days up there in June. I hope to have a picture kinda like you have once I get a chance to download them from Killboy. I can hardly wait.
I will actually be going there in 2 weeks, but it will be on the mustang with the wife.

LOL....Yes the cat comes off and is replaced by the 2 "mid-pipes".
You have the sequence correct. I'd have them pull the ECU while you're there if they will, this way you can ship it out that day and get it turned around quickly.
What does the air induction options mean?

What does the air induction options mean?

Air induction or AIS is an emissions system that should be disabled if you modify the bike, otherwise you'll get a lot of backfiring in the exhaust.

On the Gurued Gear Flash options I would choose "Closed". They will disable the functionality in the ECU code.

Will the dealer do it? Mine did. It's not hard, and I did mine on my VFR, but what the heck, this way if it gets knocked over it was there fault.

And yes there are a few more steps on the Flash:
* You'll have to download from Tim and sign a release. Then fax it to them.
* There is an ECU reset process that, at least in mine, didn't come in the box. Make sure you get that. It used to be findable at, well you know, but no longer so..

I strongly encourage you to do the airbox mod (youtube has it). Just order the filter from Tim.

While you're in there of course you want to add a battery tender cable, right?

ATB,
D

Please keep us informed as you go. I’m going to lose the cat on mine, and replace it with the Akro midpipe. Keeping the stock pipes, as I love how they look.

Anyone come across any instruction guides for doing the AIS bypass process? I got a stealth cat eliminator exhaust system from starriderperformance, and got the Nash flash ECU in the mail today. Just a little gunshy to tear the bike apart to do all of it without detailed instructions when it's a brand new bike. Anyone made any youtube videos with ECU replacements, cat removals, or AIS bypasses? Thanks guys

Anyone come across any instruction guides for doing the AIS bypass process? I got a stealth cat eliminator exhaust system from starriderperformance, and got the Nash flash ECU in the mail today. Just a little gunshy to tear the bike apart to do all of it without detailed instructions when it's a brand new bike. Anyone made any youtube videos with ECU replacements, cat removals, or AIS bypasses? Thanks guys

Did you order your Flash with AIS closed/disabled? Because if you did you don't need to do anything.

I believe it's still suggested to remove the hose and cap off the airbox at a minimum.

Is there any need to install an exup servo eliminator? After a nash flash with AIS closed option, will that be enough? thanks

Is there any need to install an exup servo eliminator? After a nash flash with AIS closed option, will that be enough? thanks

The reflash will deactivate it.

Did you put an aftermarket exhaust on?

Last edited:
I was planning on installing the voodoo full exhaust with modified air box. Thanks for the info!

I have a few questions, maybe you can help me.
At the moment there is voodoo + air box mode + ECU flash for this kit.
1) If in the future I want to do TT / Monster air kit mode, is it possible to continue driving with the old ECU settings or AFR will change a lot?
2) Ecu flash is made for voodoo exhaust, if I change to acro or brocks is it possible to stay on the old ECU setting?

Back