National do not call registry.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
FYI!

All U.S. cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing
companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls. YOU WILL
BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS to prevent this go HERE and register.

Cheers all!

Chris

The FTC do not call registry does work and it works well. I signed up for it a couple of years ago and after a couple of months I quit recieving any calls.

It will not stop charities and companies you "have business" with from calling you tho', you're gas card company might bug the shit out of you trying to get you to buy life insurance and you can't stop them....

As for autodialers; they're the standard of the industry, if they didn't use them they wouldn't be able to create the volume of calls needed to turn a profit, I wouldn't bet on recieving too many "in person" sales calls on your cell phone....

thanks chris i was wondering why my ass was so sore. Up until i read the snopes article i had no idea when someone left you a message it charged you minutes, i knew it did when you checked the messages. Stupid cell phone companys

I do not mean to doubt you, however per the FTC calling cell phones as a telemarketer is still illegal.:clapping:

http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall

It doesn't say it's illegal for a telemarketer to call your cellphone.

It says it's illegal for a telemarketer to use an AUTODIALER to call your cellphone.......

But very few telemarketers, if any, manually dial numbers, they would never generate the call volume to reach people who are actually there and answering the phone.....

Back