Need a later model final drive case

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
I am building Hybrid Venture this winter. I am using an electronic dash from a 97 Royal Star that requires the hall effect sensor mounted in the final drive.

The VMax final I have does not have the boss on the casting for mounting the sensor. If someone has a case they would part with reasonably I would like to have it.

Exterior condition is not that important if it can be blasted & powder coated after I get sensor holes machined in.

Picture of case type I need attached.

Gary

Attachments

• final drive case.jpg
    final drive case.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 21
  • final drive case and sensor.jpg
    final drive case and sensor.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25
Send me a price on a complete one. One that is in last picture is the one I got from you last year.

Gary

If you have the venture drive shown why not swap the guts?

I have a Venture drive, but couldn't get pinion out, which Kyle showed thread detailing this. Now pinion is out. It needed driven out using hole in case.

I am opening up VMax unit this afternoon and I will see if it comes apart OK. If it does, I am OK for now. I would probably like to find another Venture case at some point as one I have was dropped at some point and has a flat spot on outer rim, but I don't think that will harm anything other than being ugly.

Gary

I may have a RS case that has the hole already as well.

Want to trade it for the Venture ring & pinion gear?

They are in good shape. Be a good set for a VMax to get the Venture ratio.

VMax case came apart very easy.

Gary

As noted, once disassembled far enough you can puch the pinion out with a drift using the hole in the case. An alternate option is to weld a pinion nut to a piece of rigid conduit. I welded a flat plate on the other end. Couple taps and it pops right out. I did this so I could check the pinion and shims without disassembly of the rest.

Gary, give me an email and I can try and remember to go through my cores at the shop. I'll likely have a complete standard case, the RS cases with the "taller" gears, and can mix/match any way you want including just sending you a bare case for you to assemble with your vmax gears if that's what you wanted.

Back