Need a little assist

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently own a 2012 and love this beast. As it stands this is the current setup on my ride.
ECU: Flashed by Tim
Tire: 240
Blinkers: Delete mod plus bar end blinkers from Motogadget and love these.
Exhaust: V&H w/cat delete.

I really really like the sound of the SRP 4 to 1 and the 4 to 2 exhaust. I want to switch out to those and my question is will I need another reflash with a 4 to 1( I think so....) and would the 4 to 2 require it also? I am definitely noobish with this stuff and could use some assist as there is a wealth of knowledge here.

I am getting ready to change my bars back to the original setup as I am not a fan of drag bars, thought I would be but I was wrong. In doing so I am changing the setup with my bar end blinkers and installing disconnects inside the bars in the I need to remove my bar end mirrors or grips. Current wiring is straight into the harness through the bars. Had I not been so excited to install these I would have thought about it before I spent the day punching myself in the face trying to fish 24 gauge wire through my bars.

P.S. The bar end blinkers are legit. I noticed people were not reacting to my signals when I was turning. Once I installed the bar end blinkers everything changed and IMO this has been the best mod safety related.

Thanks in advance.

If you can tell me what the Gurued Gear sticker says that's on your ECU, I can Tell you whether or not a reflash is necessary.

I know you said you like the sound of The Star Rider exhaust but I can tell you almost everyone I know that purchased one either repack the mufflers soon after putting it on the bike or got rid of it or did both. It's very LOUD.

I like an exhaust in the loud side so I'm not trying to steer you one way or another based on my personal opinion...... I'm just letting you know what I've seen other owners do over the years

Also I would not recommend the 4-1, they are not the best for power. You'd want a 4-2-1 like the Hindle. The original UFO 4-1 actually required removal of the swing arm to install.......I don't know if that's still the case.

Itgoes, thanks for the response. I will be pulling the air filter out in a couple days. It will be pretty damn cold here tomorrow so I will probably wait for the weekend. As far as db is concerned that does not bother me but if I am required to remove the swing arm for the 4 to 1 that would be a no go and would stick to the 4 to 2 then. Anyways I will be back in a few days with the a pic of the ECU.

Here is my 2011, with the Hindle 4-1. The only issue that I had with it, was I had it jet hot coated, and then as I was putting everything together, had to leave it all very loose, get it all on, and then use a rubber mallet and a jack to finally get everything into place. I did not have to take off the swing arm, but I pray that I will NOT have to ever take it off again. The jet hot coating took up all of the clearance that i had between joints. I had to run a dremel inside of them to get them to fit......BUT......no leaks.

It is a great exhaust, and Sean Morley sells them.

Here is the number off of my ECU: VMX17ECURF-4N2BA-V2

That identfies the intake having a "monster big air" kit installed.
Do you have 4 large air filters and no airbox?

Last edited:
That identfies the intake having a "monster big air" kit installed.
Do you have 4 large air filters and no airbox?
That would be a big no. Just had the cover off today and air box looks stock. did not look to see if the flow restricter was removed. I guess tomorrow I will remove it and take a look.

That would be a big no. Just had the cover off today and air box looks stock. did not look to see if the flow restricter was removed. I guess tomorrow I will remove it and take a look.

You have a PM.

Back