need a mirror adapter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone here would happen to have one of those mirror adapters lying around? It need to be left-threaded both in and out - it's for my right-hand mirror.
Since I swapped my mirrors with those lovely 'as new' ones I bought here, I realized that my old ones weren't original (wrong thread) and that the right one sits way lower than the left.

I have two of these adapters already (see pics) but one has both right threads, and the other has left thread on the outside and right thread on the inside.

I need one with left threads both in and out..

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1090069.JPG
    P1090069.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P1090071.JPG
    P1090071.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 3
  • P1090073.JPG
    P1090073.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 5
I have been looking at a few stealers, they don't even know what I'm talking about. They either shake theirs heads going uh-unh, or ask 'what's it for?' and then go unh-unh...

If you feel like making one that would be great, but do you also have left-hand thread tap and dye?

I have been looking at a few stealers, they don't even know what I'm talking about. They either shake theirs heads going uh-unh, or ask 'what's it for?' and then go unh-unh...

If you feel like making one that would be great, but do you also have left-hand thread tap and dye?

G, thers no problem, any slightest problem with any thread for me. Just need to know dimensions.

Try to look for and if you will not find it locally, i wil make one for ya.

hmm, I looked through 30 pages of Google results but could not find what I'm after..

I guess I should rephrase - it's not actually an 'adapter' that I'm looking for, but simply a left-hand thread 'riser'. I just want my right mirror to be at the same level as the left one!

OK I'll try a few more places, then if no luck I'll send ya a drawing with the dimensions.

Thanks Przemek
No problem G, just let me know when you will need it.

You may decide form what stuff you want it machined. I have some raw hexagonal bars form: brass, aluminium, stainless and typical steel.
I just need to look around and try to find 14mm or 17mm hex.

For sure i have 22mm brass and alu and bunch of sizes from typical steel.

Ya it's 17mm, with left hand 10mm thread both in and out. Normal steel would be just fine - I'll paint it black anyway.

The length is 16mm, the threaded bit is 10mm in length, and the threaded hole is 13mm deep.

I see no problem G. Ok im lying maybe one :D
Time :)

Dont have much time recently...ill try to figure something next week.

One more thing G. Typicaly thread in Yami mirrors is M10X1.25.
You need to check that.

Przemek,

whenever you can - there's no great rush. PM me when you find the time, and I'll send you my address details.

The thread is the original Yamaha one, as found in the front brake M/C and the right-hand OEM mirror, so you can't go wrong there - pretty sure it is 10 x 1.25 but kinda hard to check the thread pitch?

Przemek,

whenever you can - there's no great rush. PM me when you find the time, and I'll send you my address details.

The thread is the original Yamaha one, as found in the front brake M/C and the right-hand OEM mirror, so you can't go wrong there - pretty sure it is 10 x 1.25 but kinda hard to check the thread pitch?
Decent hardware or at least a machinr shop would be able to check the thread pitch, but as you said G, I'd bet on it being the 10 x 1.25.

heres an option if you're still looking for a solution to your problem. i knew i saw these somewhere when you first started the thread-it just took a little while to remember where. good luck.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10mm...5892975QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
later odieoh24

ya I've seen those, but it's not what I'm after. I just need exactly what I posted pictures of, but with LH treads in and out..

Right now I have a RH/RH and a LH/RH if anyone needs them... They were used because the mirrors on my bike (even though they were branded Yamaha) both had RH threads on them :ummm:

Sorry G for taking so long but i was busy with rebuilding my bike.
I have your adapter already machined, painted and ready to ship.
Let me know if you still need it.

dsc03202x.jpg

Back