Need a opinion and advise on the aftermarket exhaust I have in mind for my 2004 V-MAX.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mass 2112

2004 MINT V-MAX 1200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is more of a help me from your experience (not what Billy Bobs hear say is) first hand on the systems I am looking at and also just as important where I am looking to buy it and maybe some other small cosmetic trinkets to get my bike the way I can see it in my head. First company is STARRIDERPERFORMANCE.COM or SRP and the MAXFLOW Street Pro 4 in 2 w/megaphone full exhaust system, same system and maker but with slash cut mufflers all polished. That last one I like the sound better than all systems I have heard. But none in person. I guess like most people I like the deep rumble more than one that sounds like a 2stroke tacked at five thousand rpm. LOL. Also is this a good place to buy products from? The other place is MOTOSPORT.COM who has a full system VOODOO industries shorty 4 into 2. I have heard Voodoo and I really like there sound. The part #is vefsvmx15dp. ANY and ALL help is much appreciated in this matter.

I think you will like the Star Rider system. Isn't that who took-over the company after Jon Cornell died, and UFO stopped?
Yep , I think his name is Mike Lees and I remember someone saying he worked with or for Jon for many yrs . Don't quote me on that thou.

I can also provide the Voodoo system. Prices for it are a lot less then the others. I will say it and the SRP systems don't "muffle" much lol. I have other options including our Muscle Marks which are the deepest toned system available but not slash cuts.

Sorry to reply so late but got side tracked. First thanks for the INFO. that I got from all of you and I have small list of somewhat hard things to find being the only person to have a v-max that I know of very close to me. THIS is the only place I can talk to other people to learn places to get say a cnc water pump cover and other dress up parts. I am not going wild because I want to stay close to the true form of original but at the same time put my own spin, over time, on this bike. I would not trade this bike for any other on earth. Not that I think it is better than any other, far from it but I have a vision for it. Again thanks and will be asking more ? .

Mike Lee's (star rider performance) is a great guy to deal with as well as Sean. I have personally ran both systems you are talking about and liked them but as Sean said they dont muffle much. Mike does have some different packing options that help a little.

This is more of a help me from your experience (not what Billy Bobs hear say is) first hand on the systems I am looking at and also just as important where I am looking to buy it and maybe some other small cosmetic trinkets to get my bike the way I can see it in my head. First company is STARRIDERPERFORMANCE.COM or SRP and the MAXFLOW Street Pro 4 in 2 w/megaphone full exhaust system, same system and maker but with slash cut mufflers all polished. That last one I like the sound better than all systems I have heard. But none in person. I guess like most people I like the deep rumble more than one that sounds like a 2stroke tacked at five thousand rpm. LOL. Also is this a good place to buy products from? The other place is MOTOSPORT.COM who has a full system VOODOO industries shorty 4 into 2. I have heard Voodoo and I really like there sound. The part #is vefsvmx15dp. ANY and ALL help is much appreciated in this matter.
Stock is the best but Mark's Exhaust is a great choice!!

Yep , I think his name is Mike Lees and I remember someone saying he worked with or for Jon for many yrs . Don't quote me on that thou.
You are correct about Mike. His place is close to me.

https://starriderperformance.com/
I met him and Cornell at QSL Bike Night a few times. They would set up a tent and bring lots of nice toys.

Does the center stand have to be removed with the marks system? Any pics from the rear of the bike?

Both the star rider performance exhaust, and the voodoo exhaust are EXTREMELY loud.
SRP=UFO. Mike Lees worked with Jon Cornell. RIP Jon, the products live on with Mike
Voodoo is basically a rip off of the UFO design. Although, you can get voodoo in stainless.
Centerstand needs to be removed with these exhausts.

Marks exhaust sounds great. Looks are subjective. He will customize mufflers to your liking. 12" cans and 2" or 2.5" outlets is loud but not annoying (at least to me.)
Centerstand can stay but, looks hideous with the marks exhaust in place. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I've owned UFO w/megaphones and Marks w/12" cans. I liked them both. The UFO was re-packed with fiberglass mat to help kill the noise. Made it MUCH better. Still, LOUD but not so raspy and annoying.

Yea this is good info. I want to keep my center stand. I will do without if it looks like shit to keep it. Shame but looks like there is no aftermarket system that u can use and keep center stand or is there? Also was looking at a web site called cycle one off.com . They had a bunch of stuff i wanted to get but hell how do you order anything from the site. Dont understand it but that is a lot of things these days. lol. Star Rider Performance has some of the things i was looking for but are rather price-e on there stuff. Thing I am looking for are cnc water jacket covers, cnc handle bar clamps in black powder coating logo v max, biohazard swing arm cnc inserts,tuning fork intake cover, front fork brace cnc machined with fender mounts taped thread for front finder.,rear cnc brake bar and maybe a solid cnc water pump cover with yamaha logo. These type of aftermarket parts I can see before i buy them to see if I am on track for what I think the bike will look when I am done. Thank for any input.

Last edited:
I prefer the looks of a 4-2 over a 4-1 and wanted to keep the center stand and Marks exhaust fit the bill. I got his 4-2-2 stainless with 12" cans and 2.75 cores and open ends. Couldnt be happier with this system. Sounds awesome and very loud. A couple years back I had him make a set of 2" cores with turn down tips to quiet it down a bit. Still loud just not obnoxious. Heres a couple pics20150510_135325.jpg20150510_135254.jpg20180814_214649.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer the looks of a 4-2 over a 4-1 and wanted to keep the center stand and Marks exhaust fit the bill. I got his 4-2-2 stainless with 12" cans and 2.75 cores and open ends. Couldnt be happier with this system. Sounds awesome and very loud. A couple years back I had him make a set of 2.25" cores with turn down tips to quiet it down a bit. Still loud just not obnoxious. Heres a couple picsView attachment 74886View attachment 74887View attachment 74888
SO you have a aftermarket 4-2-2 system? Does the middle stand work or look bad when raised. Also good looking bike man. If you can help me I would be greatfull to say the least.

Yes, Marks. Alotta us have em. Centerstand remains untouched. I use it alot. Dont look bad enough to remove it to me. To each his own. The stainless cures to goldish?? color, again I like it. The cans clean right up like new with light scrubbing. Again, Sean has options as well as others, guessing you could still deal with Mark. Both have always been more than helpful and willing to answer questions. OF course theres Voodoo, SRP, UFO, Kerker etc, in various forms new and used which have a following also. Fun endvour, dont forget the Muscle jet kit and air box mod to go with your new exhaust. 20210121_225506.jpg

I have the Marks as well. 4 into 1 though. 14" Can with 2.5" outlet (turndown). The turndown does help with the volume, as its not blasting Upwards into anyone's face. I like the sound of the 4-1 better. Similar to the ol Kerker.

Is it my imagination or didn't I hear that Mark helped with the original Kerker Vmax design? Please correct me if Im wrong so I don't go spreading lies.

T$

Latest posts

Back