• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need a speedometer cable and sheath???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I was backing the bikes out of their spots today for their weekly ride and the speedometer cable caught on the forward controls of the bike beside it. Twisted the cable 90 degrees. So when I got on the interstate I looked down to see the speedo was reading 00.00 MPH. I'm sure I could get one from the Stealer for a huge price but who would have the more reasonably option?:bang head::bang head::bang head: Not that it matters but this is on the 89....
Dave

I was backing the bikes out of their spots today for their weekly ride and the speedometer cable caught on the forward controls of the bike beside it. Twisted the cable 90 degrees. So when I got on the interstate I looked down to see the speedo was reading 00.00 MPH. I'm sure I could get one from the Stealer for a huge price but who would have the more reasonably option?:bang head::bang head::bang head: Not that it matters but this is on the 89....
Dave

I have a sheath and busted cable-pm address and i'll send no charge.

Thanks for the offer. It is nice of you but I don't trust crimping the cable, no experience at doing that.
Mine is broke about 2 inches from the lower end and sheath is destroyed at that point too.
If I can get a pair that's not broken I'd like to do that. May check with the dealer just to see what kind of fortune it may cost. I see some on EBay too. Don't see too many other options though?

I've got a box of used ones for cheap ($5 plus shipping cost) and even should have some braided stainless in stock ($70 plus postage if I remember the price right).

Back