Need advice on 06 VMAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowcliff84

Reaction score
I am a first time poster and long time admirer of VMAX. I am planning to meet a guy this weekend to see about purchasing his 2006 VMAX with 8900 miles. I plan on bringing it to a shop to have them look it over, the seller has no problem with this. He is apparently an ASE certified mechanic and I will be able to see his garage and other bikes. He wants 6500 for it and I plan on offering 6000. What do you all think? I am a past rider, and have taken an MSF course, so I am not getting in over my head by any means. Thank you.

I am a first time poster and long time admirer of VMAX. I am planning to meet a guy this weekend to see about purchasing his 2006 VMAX with 8900 miles. I plan on bringing it to a shop to have them look it over, the seller has no problem with this. He is apparently an ASE certified mechanic and I will be able to see his garage and other bikes. He wants 6500 for it and I plan on offering 6000. What do you all think? I am a past rider, and have taken an MSF course, so I am not getting in over my head by any means. Thank you.

Sounds like a deal of the day. You're gonna Love the bike if it checks out good. Welcome to more than a Forum. We don't always agree with each other but you'll make some lifetime Friends and Brothers.

Dave in Florida

Thanks for the advice. I really hope it works out and I can pick it up. Its a gorgeous bike. The one thing I have noticed though is it has red flames on the faux tank and then red flame stitching in the seat. I thought it was a standard option but I haven't seen any seats like it. Looks nice. I will post some pics if I get it.

Thank you for letting me know about the second gear problem. A lot of bikes seem to have a similar problem so I will definitely check that out.

Sounds like a deal of the day. You're gonna Love the bike if it checks out good. Welcome to more than a Forum. We don't always agree with each other but you'll make some lifetime Friends and Brothers.

Dave in Florida

Thanks Dave. I have signed up for various forums over the years and I love the amount of advice and help you can get from people that you don't know but share the same love. I look forward to reading over a million posts and adding my own small contributions from time to time. I tried looking at the StarMax forum and this seems to be much better. I think I have found my new addiction.

I just bought my 06 in November. Flames on the "tank" are factory but that must be a custom seat.
I put on a 3/4" bar riser and forward controls. Added a loose (not velcroed) sheepskin gel seat on top of the stock seat and now my seating is very comfortable.
The Max stock ergos may fit the majority but not me. If you have the same cramped position with the stock setup there are ways around it.
I'm having a blast with mine Your price is what I paid and is very fair.
Good luck with the beast and carry cash - I've run into gas stations that don't take credit.
Stosh

I paid $6150 for my 07 w 6000 miles last year. I also have an aftermarket seat cover in a carbon fiber look vinyl with red V-Max logo's and piping. To my mind it sets the bike off really nicely and it gets a lot of compliments. I guess I was lucky with my purchase, the bike came loaded with a whole slew of tasteful after market gear including a Kerker 4-1 race pipe, 1420 over bore, stage 7 Dyno Jet w K & N's, billet turn signals, levers and grips etc plus all the OEM kit that had been replaced with the above. I couldn't be happier with the bike. It's ballistic fast, brakes like a demon and gets a lot of attention unless my wife rides with me on her Bonneville :hmmm: in which case the "Max" gets completely ignored.

Chris.

Cool. I like the look of it, I just hadn't seen any others. Thanks.

I also like your smoke windshield, I just don't feel like spending $120 for it at the moment.

Latest posts

Back