Need advice tail section...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtoebaert-5311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It`s been ages since I posted; still, that seems to happen every now and then to everyone?
Anyway, Llamrei has her shiny red Carozzerria`s now :punk:THANKS SEAN:worthy:
And a little fancy cover beneath the card covers I cut myself on our all-new all-Chinese laser cutter; one of the advantages of an R&D job you have access to all these unsellable yet operational prototypes :biglaugh:
The wheels are really-truly-honestly great, it feels like a modern bike now, nothing wobbly about it any more at all (new Avons front and rear)
I hesitated a long time because of the price, but they are worth every penny
Now, since it rides like a sports bike now...tail section options??
Open for suggestions :worthy:
Not sure if pic attach worked, but you can see her in my album "Llamrei reborn phase 5"

Attachments

• 2014-06-29 18.18.18.jpg
    2014-06-29 18.18.18.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 124
Sharp looking ride with those wheels. Love your mirrors too, have the same style except black mirrors with chrome hands and love the looks. As for the tail section, I like the looks of the stocker once you get rid of the goofy stock taillight and that hideous plastic surround. It doesn't look like you have upgraded yet but look into the CBR taillight mod. Worth the $70 bucks to upgrade to LEDs and improving the looks at the same time. I ordered mine off amazon and it came with the load resistor already wired into the harness. I just plugged it in and never had any flash rate problems.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405747277.684402.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

CBR mod! I new I read something before but couldn`t remember. Will do a forum search, thanks! But still considering a complete tail section makeover, can`t make up my mind yet...
BTW, great looking ride you have there, real black-ops :)

Thank you. Yea the rear light I got was from an 03 I think. I thought the clean look made the rear of the bike look much sleeker and meaner. I just wish I had done a better job with the inner fender. Something I look forward to when I tear the whole bike down in Nov to re powdercoat the frame and change the color a bit. Most of the paint on my bike is rattle can just to prevent rust from forming while in Guam. Have you looked at the fenders from exacttrap or just a stubby version of the stock from RMSportMax?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Just closed Exactrep site, purchased a short mud guard with integrated lights and license plate holder ; not too expensive, worth to try; you`re probably right I might see things differently with that ugly taillight gone :eusa_dance:
http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/--...lights.---Exactrep-1994-4a.html#SID=15#SID=15

Some mean looking tail sections there for future reference maybe :biglaugh:

Thank you. Yea the rear light I got was from an 03 I think. I thought the clean look made the rear of the bike look much sleeker and meaner. I just wish I had done a better job with the inner fender. Something I look forward to when I tear the whole bike down in Nov to re powdercoat the frame and change the color a bit. Most of the paint on my bike is rattle can just to prevent rust from forming while in Guam. Have you looked at the fenders from exacttrap or just a stubby version of the stock from RMSportMax?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Here's mine, no idea for sure who made it but think it came from a south American vendor and was no where as expensive as the Exactrep pieces..I got it used in a trade..Boxxenstop shows one that's pretty close to this one but don't know if is the same. Wild hair accessories also.

Attachments

• DSC04085.jpg
    DSC04085.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04086.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC04084.jpg
    DSC04084.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 85
Here is a better shot of my taillightImageUploadedByTapatalk1405759414.091979.jpg BTW, I like your intake cover where did you get it from?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

And a little fancy cover beneath the card covers I cut myself on our all-new all-Chinese laser cutter; one of the advantages of an R&D job you have access to all these unsellable yet operational prototypes
biglaugh.gif

I was trying to refer to the intake cover in the clumsy sentence with the typo above :rofl_200:
Am designing an even fancier one right now, hope to be able to cut it before going back home to Belgium; machine down for mods for the moment; I`m over here at the factory in China right now; basically just two alu cover plates, one just the contour, and one with the "eyes" and "teeth" etc. Solid one painted red, top one painted black;

Here is a better shot of my taillightView attachment 44467 BTW, I like your intake cover where did you get it from?

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

Attachments

• IMAG0516.jpg
    IMAG0516.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 55
Time for you to change to a 1993+ front end (downtubes, sliders, & triple trees). That gets you the added benefit of new front brakes: rotors, calipers, HH pads and might as-well spring for stainless steel lines while you are at it. Inside, Progressive Suspension or Race-Tech springs, RICOR Intiminators or Gold Valve valving for damping adjustments, perhaps a fork brace.

The difference for you in handling will be comparable to that from your wheels, compared to your anemic stock front end and single piston brakes. Don't waste $ messing w/your stock 40 mm downtubes fork or brakes! It just isn't worth it.

You have a great look w/the mods you've done, v. tasteful. Now step-up to better handling and braking, good used components will get you where you want to be at a reasonable price.

Thanks for your nice remarks about the looks:eusa_dance: greatly indebted to Sean for the candy-red idea really
I was waiting for someone to mention the front-end, but I asked about USD forks once on the forum and the overall conclusion was that it was more cosmetic than anything, so I went for the wheels, guessing (wrongly?) that USD forks would be bigger diameter by nature, so if that didn`t change anything...but please convince me otherwise:rofl_200: to keep the monkey fed

you have the rad covers upside down bud.

Well I know it looks a bit awkward, but that`s the only way the "VMAX" cutout in the front will be upright??

:bang head:holy sh*t:bang head: they`re detachable...I put them on ages ago and forgot all about them...just now zooming into the picture wondering what you could mean...I see that they are bolted on...there must be some kind of dumb-ass award out there:shot: To my defence, NO ONE ever noticed it/mentioned it...

Attachments

• SAM_2959.jpg
    SAM_2959.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 48
When I wanted to have a new tailt I look a long time, for me the best for a sportier look was this one from taylor made wheel, I got two of those, willing to sell one.

Attachments

• 20140404_173247.jpg
    20140404_173247.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 57
too bad you don`t know the supplier ; but yes that was my original thought ; will see what the short mudguard does for me first!

I think I found it once. I searched Vmax and Brazil or something. I'll look again for a bit if I have time today.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back