Need carb body's or assembly's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric S.

Reaction score
Hey all. First post here and for good reason because of answers I cannot find.
I have a 97 vmax 1200 (non CA) I bought it with intent to flip it cause I got it for such a steal but now I'm paying for it. The AF screws were seized and had to get them machined out. One of the body's cracked and the other one he just cannot simply get out. I'm out 2 carbs now. I was wondering if the body's differentiated from each other for each cylinder or if it is just the perifials on them that makes them cylinder specific. Also where could I get just bodys of them. I was gonna get a referbed set of them for around $900. Is that too much? Any input on this post is much appreciated. Thanks

Contact dannymax or Sean Morley, or CaptainKyle, they probably have carbs for you. $900 is > I would pay. A used set of carbs could be $150-$400 for some needing unknown work, but not needing a body replacement for 1 or more bodies. At the $250+ level, a disassembly and cleaning, maybe a few gaskets/o-rings, at the $400+ level, they should be sound, and ready to bolt on, although anything I'd buy is going to be disassembled, cleaned, and worn gaskets/o-rings replaced. That said, $600 isn't too-much to pay for a set of carbs needing nothing, especially if they were repaired with OEM parts. Yes, you could end-up spending $900 for a prefect set of carbs, OEM parts replaced, and labor included.

You might also check into the guy on here who's touting a pair of 2 bbl carbs on his manifolds, we're all interested to see what results (hard, factual data from dyno pulls) someone gets using them in place of the stock factory setup (before/after). https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/ditch-the-carbs.47896/page-2#post-478507

Contact dannymax or Sean Morley, or CaptainKyle, they probably have carbs for you. $900 is > I would pay. A used set of carbs could be $150-$400 for some needing unknown work, but not needing a body replacement for 1 or more bodies. At the $250+ level, a disassembly and cleaning, maybe a few gaskets/o-rings, at the $400+ level, they should be sound, and ready to bolt on, although anything I'd buy is going to be disassembled, cleaned, and worn gaskets/o-rings replaced. That said, $600 isn't too-much to pay for a set of carbs needing nothing, especially if they were repaired with OEM parts. Yes, you could end-up spending $900 for a prefect set of carbs, OEM parts replaced, and labor included.

You might also check into the guy on here who's touting a pair of 2 bbl carbs on his manifolds, we're all interested to see what results (hard, factual data from dyno pulls) someone gets using them in place of the stock factory setup (before/after). https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/ditch-the-carbs.47896/page-2#post-478507
Thankyou. I paid 850 off Ebay and they look real nice. All gone through with all parts replaced. And they're buying my old ones so in all reality is around 700. They are static benchsynced too. All I have to do is carbtune pro balance and fine tune. Thankyou much

Back