Need Cybermax Light Help!!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmaster

Reaction score
I've read a lot of posts on here regarding the cybermax headlight and how inadequate they are for night driving......which I can personally confirm.....and several people have suggested going to a 100w bulb instead of the stock 55w bulbs. The stock bulbs are parabolic single filament "H3" 55w bulbs. However, while shopping around for a 100w replacement, I've found that these H3 bulbs come in Zenon, Halogen, LED, and other types.......and since I'm not an electrician, nor a bulb-ologist, I don't know which ones to buy. Does anyone know if the cybermax stock bulbs are the same bulbs used in fog lights? I've noticed these are much cheaper than the halogen bulbs by a lot! I know they need to be for a 12V system, but do I need to get halogen, zenon, LED, or does it even matter??? Any help with choosing the correct replacement bulbs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Dennis M.
Bushmaster

Bought the cheap LED ones on eBay for a "similar project" and your better off holding your cell phone out in front of you for light while you ride. Just sayin...

Unless you're willing to purchase a "conversion kit", I think you can rule out the Xenons as a plug-n-play because normally these require ballasts, which (and I may be mistaken, but because the cybermax setups i've seen come with the standard bulbs) your cybermax setup lacks.

Unless you're willing to purchase a "conversion kit", I think you can rule out the Xenons as a plug-n-play because normally these require ballasts, which (and I may be mistaken, but because the cybermax setups i've seen come with the standard bulbs) your cybermax setup lacks.

+1 Xenons are HID equipment.
I think it was Rusty that put a larger bulb in his cybermax and, if I remember right, he said it brought it up to stock light output.

Back