• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

need gas tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 stroke oil Update.
I have a 2002 Honda 750 shadow Spirit. It tops out at 160kms if your not going into heavy wind. It takes a lot of road to get it up to that speed. So I figured I would through some low ash outboard 2 stroke oil in the fuel. I toped off the tank, then I put in 1/2 tea spoon of oil in the tank. I took her out on the new twin highway and pinned it. My ridding style is shift -shift when the bike is NO longer Pulling. I have only hit the Rev limiter once in first, "shifted to late". BUT, this time around I hit the Rev limiter in 1st , 2nd & 3rd because it was still pulling ! I seen the speedo needle coming on 160 kms strong. Wow , its gonna go past!....and it did ! My best guess is 175kms. It was a good inch past the 160 on the speedo ! Wow. this stuff works.
I notice on my Max, I would generally shift at 9000rpm "was reving without hard pulling" Now with the 2 stroke oil added, it pulls harder past 9. the stuff works guys.

Update -1 week later. Tank is staying spotless & rust free. Filters show NO dirt "clear". The bike is running strong .....carbs working great.
My buddy is running 2 stroke oil in his Harley now. It was running like crap, and is now running better. his bike is only 3 years old & rust was starting in his tank. This fuel is Way to Dry & Corrosive,..you have to take preventative measures against it or its gonna cost you heavy down the road.

Latest posts

Back