Need help finding a Yamaha tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I'm having a VERY hard time finding a "Damper Rod Holder" tool (Yamaha part # YM-01445) for the forks of a 1994 Yamaha YZF750R.

These forks are USD, and very dis-similar to the Max's...but they are USD, so who's complaining? Well, I AM in this case!

The problem is that Yamaha no longer makes the tool, and even a company like Race Tech, who CLAIMS to sell one, lied to me! I ordered and received their tool (they call it the "Fork Cartridge Holding T-Handle Tool") for the YZF750 (they claim) an it does NOT FIT THE YZF750!!! WTF???

The interesting part of the YZF750's forks is that the tool I need would have a hexagonal tip, but with a central opening big enough to go around the part of the damper rod that isn't bolted down (it sides in and out.)

So, who out there knows where I can get the correct tool for this job? Are there ANY sources for no longer manufactured Yamaha tools?

And if ANYONE knows, I'll PayPal them $25 for that info.

Thanks, and sorry for the long-windedness and the exclamation points!!!!!!!!.

Elimax

:punk: Elimax, if you know the size of the parts you need and bring them to me in Tempe I'll weld up a handle for you. Mine is an 85 so I made a different tool for mine. Good luck, Spur

I'm actually talking about the YZF750 Yamaha, though...it's a really different fork from the Max, and I don't know the size of the hex. The YZF750 site I use is sadly uninformed on such issues.

Thanks for the offer, though.

Elimax

Latest posts

Back