Need help finding part.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abaum

Reaction score
Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this but I need to find a part.

I was riding a week ago and the washer and snap ring type setup came off of the shifter lever.

Here is a picture I found off of google images I need to order the snapring and washer.
pGp701y.jpg

Here is my bike:
OSUsSXA.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Allen

The parts are shown on the Shift shaft fische,
#19, 90201-12688-00 WASHER, PLATE
and
#20 , 99009-12400-00 CIRCLIP

Either yami store . Snap ring prob hardware store along with washer.

Or try Sean Morley or I'm sure someone with a parts bike will chime in here to help you.

In the meantime take a piece of wire that is the same size or smaller than the grove and wrap it around the groove then twist it.

Last edited:
Sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this but I need to find a part.

I was riding a week ago and the washer and snap ring type setup came off of the shifter lever.

Here is a picture I found off of google images I need to order the snapring and washer.
pGp701y.jpg

Here is my bike:
OSUsSXA.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Allen

On the buy and sell page it is under vmax parts wanted.

The parts are shown on the Shift shaft fische,
#19, 90201-12688-00 WASHER, PLATE
and
#20 , 99009-12400-00 CIRCLIP

Thank you guys all for the reply I was able to find the part on Amazon slow shipping however works perfectly!

Thank you guys all for the reply I was able to find the part on Amazon slow shipping however works perfectly!

Clean the groove up nice so the snap ring seats well. Snap rings get deformed taking them off. Even with the best of tools, it's easy to stretch them out of shape. New is prudent plus they're cheap. +1 to hardware and parts stores having them.

Roger that, had bailing wire on mine for three days til I got one. Worked good.

I've found different gauges of solid copper electrical wire can stand-in for a non-critical part til the real thing arrives, or if you need to do a 'flying fix' as the sailors call it, while underway, and to be able to return to port. For instance, a 14 ga solid wire may fit a groove deeper than say a 10 ga wire would, if trying to make a jury-rig for a circlip/snapring. I like my linesmen's pliers for anything having to do w/electrical around the house.

Roger that, had bailing wire on mine for three days til I got one. Worked good.

Back