Need help hooking up Ignitech

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny9744

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a new owner of an 89 Vmax. Which I'm trying to get back on the road. I got the bike very cheap and rode it home on maybe 2 cylinders. After going through the bike I discovered that I have a Stage 7 jet kit with Vboost still hooked up and 4 into 1 exhaust. The carbs were a mess with miss matched parts but I gout them sorted. They were clogged and the 2 of the coils were bad when I got it but it ran. Since getting it home, I rebuilt the carbs, converted to COPS and bought an Ignitech from Sean. (He's also got me on the list for the tappet tool). I dont have the carbs back on yet and the head covers are off. I went ahead and hooked up the Ignitech. I'm fairly mechanical but this level of electronics is way out of my comfort level. Just wanted to make sure I have this hooked up right. I removed my old map sensor and put on the new one but cant figure out exactly where I'm supposed to connect the three wires to. I have been emailing with Sean and reading a ton of files but I just want to be sure about this. I included pics of how I have it now to help explain what I'm talking about. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200816_154401_resized.jpg
    20200816_154401_resized.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200816_192237_resized.jpg
    20200816_192237_resized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 16
Back