Need Help, Probs With Hotel!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Im staying at a holiday inn in moline illinois. Its a pretty big and nice hotel. Ive been here since the middle of august and only been home once. Im with a crew cleaning bridges here.

I dont know if you guys can help me but any advice would be appreciated!

My problem is that on monday morning when i got up and left for work, i purposely put my do not disturb sign on the desk inside my room so that the housekeeping would come inside and clean my room. Well a 12 hour shift later i got back to my room and this sign was hanging on the outside of my door. There was a note stuffed under my door saying housekeeping didnt come in and clean my room because the DND sign was on the door. So i walk in and i have a light flashing on my phone. Its a voicemail from some young punk sounding guy with an obvious attitude problem telling me that he didnt clean my room because the DND sign and he over emphasised that he didnt enter my room.

Well im sitting there thinking maybe he was just lazy and didnt want to clean it that day seeing how ive been here so long and will be here another 2 weeks at least.

So i go over to my laptop and its laying upside down on the floor. The top corner is busted, the screen is floppy, and it dosnt work at all.

I called and talked to the front desk about it they gave me guest services number so i called them and they said they would "look into it"

Does this sound to anyone else like he accidently dropped my computer and then made it look like he never entered the room? Its awfully fishy!

Anyways ive spent all night taking the laptop apart looking for internal damage and the only thing i can find is a piece of metal is snapped where the screen mounts and hinges. It shouldnt hinder it from functioning. It acts like its not getting power or something it just does some crazy stuf i can get it to spin the fans then it will beep and shut off on me.

Right now im on the hotel front desk computer. If you guys could give me advice on how to get these jackasses to pay for the laptop or something i would greatly appreciate it and sorry for making you read this much haha. Peace

It's pretty obvious to me that he did it. Why would he bother to leave a note AND call you to say he wasn't in your room. If you really did leave the sign outside, nobody would make any effort to tell you they didn't clean or enter your room. I'm not sure how you can proceed legally, but a discussion with the manager would be my first action. Keep the note and the call for evidence to back up what you are saying. They DON't leave notes and ALSO call to say they were NOT in your room. If all else fails, I would take them to small claims court. That threat might get some action and also inform them they will be in the news. Good luck.

I'm 100% with MikeMax on this, so I don't have much to add as far as the punkass with the tude.

Now, onto the laptop. What kind is it Clint? Make modle may help a bit.

Laptops are fairly fragile and what seems like small case damage, could really have screwed with the internals.

You mention that something with the hinges is snapped. Well, the hinges are generall the way that the laptop gets power to the screen.

Now, is the laptop powering at all. Any of the power, hard drive, charging lights coming on at all?

Also, have you only tried to power it while plugged into the wall, or have you tried on the battery as well?

Try unplugging it as well as pulling the battery and let it sit for a few min. Then, plug it into the wall and leave the battery out and try to fire it. If you don't get anything, just try with the battery. If still nothing, unless the laptop is under warrenty still, you might as well start looking for a replacement. Repairs could very well be more costly then a new laptop.

Let me know what you find out and definitly tell me the make/model. I can help source parts or tell you a few things to try/look at.

Update on the situation:

I talked with the manager several times and after threatening him with a call to the better business bereau and bad online reviews from sites like expedia etc, he came down to my room and looked at the laptop. He took the make/model and is going to call repair places tomorrow as well as "check his insurance policy"

The laptop is a couple years old is just an HP Pavilion laptop. I completely dissasembled it and found where the screen mounts to the laptop body there is a metal subframe inside. The metal is broken from being dropped therefore no longer making a ground for the screen to get its power. Sounds like a simple fix but i bet you it will be more expensive to replace that frame and the plastic casing of the laptop than to just buy a new one.

Went to best buy and checked out some there tonight, Prices are a lot more resonable than i expected! I picked one out intel centrino, 2 gig ram, 120 gig hard drive with 17" truebrite widescreen for 1400$ and another amd turion 1 gig ram, 100 gig hard drive with 17" truebrite screen for 1099$ Well see how things work out and if possible im gonna try to get these assholes to cut me a check for the original price of the old laptop which i have no clue how much was but ill dig the reciept out.

Take it easy guys thanks for the moral support :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back