Need help with adjusting floats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dem pesky pilot jets! Unfortunately, they do seem to be a location for debris, and can detrimentally-affect your low-speed operation.
Such a small pee-hole in those things. Bypass holes below throttle plates are a pain too sometimes.

Such a small pee-hole in those things. Bypass holes below throttle plates are a pain too sometimes.
Time for my often-posted pilot jet pic!

VMax pilot jet lighted.jpgVMax pilot jet.jpg

A pair of forceps is a good tool for clamping-onto a single strand of SS wire to poke-out those passages, and is about the only way to manually (easily) clean the bypass holes below the throttle plate. A pin vise works well where you have unobstructed access to one end or the other, like a removed from the jet block pilot jet.

I took the jet blocks off yesterday cleaned all the Jets readjusted the floats used about 28 cans of gum out on it all put it back together and synced it runs like new,so far I don't have that popping and that cylinder is not running rich anymore thanks for your help guys

Checking that the gas tank is spotless will help prevent it from happening again, clogged carburetors.

Latest posts

Back