Need more mirror options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
Anyone using mirror adapters to increase your choice of mirrors out there?

I'm looking to replace my long stems (chrome peeling off from road rash), but trying to something that threads onto Yamaha's reverse thread, is a PITA.

I see there are adapters that might do the trick.
Mirror Adapters.jpg

Just wondering if you're using them, and if so, any problems coming loose?

I'm looking to replace my long stems (chrome peeling off from road rash), but trying to something that threads onto Yamaha's reverse thread, is a PITA.

View attachment 53541

I have a set of long stem adapters in black gloss.

View attachment 53541

I bought a set of bar end mirrors,

[FONT=&quot]CRG Hindsight Lanesplitter Bar End Mirror[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]http://sendgrid.revzilla.com/wf/cli...xYppSyGT6qLSywWN0CyM3ZcQ16bWzEWlI3H9GSw-3D-3D[/FONT]
I haven't installed them yet so I can't tell you how they are. The review was good, they have a rubber gasket that allows you to replace the mirror if one cracks. It also cuts down on the vibration.

The ones from Ebay, I've seen on another site.. I like the way they look, but I need good visibility along with looks :biglaugh:

I have the shorter stemmed Royal Star Mirrors and they work well for me:
http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/mirror_mirror.htm

HA!!!.. I wondered why the mirrors did not match from the PO.. I see on that site that the shorter one was for the V-Star.. (learn something new every day).. I've since put real long ones on, but road rash busted up the chrome at the base. So I still have 1 regular and and one short at home. Since they're not that expensive, I'll look to get another set.
Not many shops carry the 10mm with a reversed thread around here.

Back