need new site glas for brake clutch master cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellyear

Reaction score
whent to the yamaha deler to day to get sum he just smiald and sead i would need to get hole new masterclinders ?
are there after market ones that can be got
??:bang head::bang head::bang head:

There is a thread here that discusses that. There are glass watch crystals that fit perfect and never yellow like the factory plastic ones. Unfortunately I am too stupid to to figure out how to post up the link for you but it is here somewhere. They tell you the size and the sellers and maybe some prices.

thank you but its only the glass i need mines gone yelloy and i carnt see through it aney mour
the master cylinders still work fine

Take the top off the reservoir and look inside. Unless you have a leak, the level will only go down to compensate for pad wear. Add fluid as needed..

I got some from these guys, they worked very well. After removing the old site glass get a bead of RTV on the master cyl. surface, push the glass against it, a thin bead of RTV on the outside edge of the crystal for an o-ring, which doubles as an outside seal and frames the glass, let it dry and you're done.

Tip: Have Q-tips and denatured alkie handy to clean up before & after.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_157.html

There is an old trick to clean these or so I have been told. Personally have done it once with acceptable results. Take an eraser on the end of a pencil and rub the plastic. It will clean the window down at least enough to view the level. Another thought is to use the same cleaning compound for cleaning plastic car headlights. You don't have to buy the whole kit as many places carry just the cleaner for less than $7. Tape off the painted area and try it by hand. If you have a Dremel with the polishing discs even better. Poor man's polishing tool is a Q-tip chucked up into a drill :clapping:. Good luck!

Todd

I bought the online, eBay product. After I saw what I got I went to a local watch repair shop and got a crystal sized perfectly to the space. Longer lasting than plastic from eBay and takes a licking and keeps on ticking! (thank-you John Cameron Swayzie)

RTV is OK but I used JB Weld for peace of mind. There isn't any significant pressure on it. You might even be able to save the chrome bezel to reuse, or look for a grommet that may fit if you want a metal finish. Maybe one of those A-C red o-rings for a racy look.

go to http://www.toolsgs.com and order watch crystal .around 1.00 each
Use the the old o ring and a small amount of rtv ,then i use a circlip from napa on the outsde. if your o ring is bad just use rtv.
I have replaced the site glass on both my vmax and my my 86 vfr and they look great/
I believe i have a picture of my master cyl in my pictures.
Good luck

Gary

Back