• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need Opinion on my Craigslist ad. 1989 Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't get the right side profile photo to come up, other than that it's well written and I would expect it to sell quickly....a lot of bike for a very reasonable price IMO. :punk:

Good luck with the sale.

That should be a QUICK sale.

If I didnt already have several, I would be heading that way.

Great looking bike.

I was able to get all the pics-Nice bike nice price.
What happens if i bring cash and an Ohio license?

Reads well, a good price, I don't see why it wouldn't sell. I think the ~$3K is the good price point. I see plenty of guys trying to sell 'bobber' (basturdized) 1972 Honda CB350's for more than that, which is a shame a decent bike was violated like that.

Some of you know the extensive work that I did to this bike. Been running great for several years now. Too many Bikes to maintain and ride every week.

Need opinions on the price and anything that I may add to make it more appealing.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/6117528778.html

Help me out Brothers.

Dave

Hi Dave,
A long time since I've communicated with you I hope you're doing well. You asked for suggestions so I'm going give you my personal opinion on my suggestions.

First of all if I lived anywhere near you I would buy that bike in a heartbeat, but after traveling all the way to Montana to buy my Gen2 last year, not sure my wallet or my body could take another trip that far.

As far as your Craigslist ad, I would add the year of the bike in the title. If I was selling that bike I would take the high backrest or as they were called in the day sissy bar off, leaving the original hand grab, just listing the backrest as a part that goes with the bike on sale.

The only negative that I really see that might stop a lot of people is the custom paint on your tank, most or good majority of people would buy that bike and want to repaint it to their specs.

With all that said it's a great looking bike the price is ridiculously low, I can't imagine you having a problem selling it so it has to be something, my guess is not many in your area are willing to buy the bike and have it repainted.

I wish you all the luck in selling it I would be highly surprised if anybody that lives close to you from this forum doesn't snatch it up from you very soon.
Ron

***Update***

Oops sorry I didn't look over to the right and see your did put the year of the bike in Craigslist section that is all the specs on the bike.. Sorry I missed that completely....

Last edited:
Only reason I suggested to put the year in the title of the ad is I don't see the year of it anywhere in your ad. You posted it's a 1998 here but in your ad I didn't see any year. I'm getting old so I could have missed it....lol

Hi Dave,
A long time since I've communicated with you I hope you're doing well. You asked for suggestions so I'm going give you my personal opinion on my suggestions.

First of all if I lived anywhere near you I would buy that bike in a heartbeat, but after traveling all the way to Montana to buy my Gen2 last year, not sure my wallet or my body could take another trip that far.

As far as your Craigslist ad, I would add the year of the bike in the title. If I was selling that bike I would take the high backrest or as they were called in the day sissy bar off, leaving the original hand grab, just listing the backrest as a part that goes with the bike on sale.

The only negative that I really see that might stop a lot of people is the custom paint on your tank, most or good majority of people would buy that bike and want to repaint it to their specs.

With all that said it's a great looking bike the price is ridiculously low, I can't imagine you having a problem selling it so it has to be something, my guess is not many in your area are willing to buy the bike and have it repainted.

I wish you all the luck in selling it I would be highly surprised if anybody that lives close to you from this forum doesn't snatch it up from you very soon.
Ron

I'm doing OK for my physical condition, hope you are doing better than that. It looks fantastic the way it is painted. So many other things have been modified, it would be hard to put back to original.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:confused2:
I'm getting older and have a hard time keeping up with maintenance which I do Religiously. Sold a Boat, An FZ-8 and a Custom Dodge Truck. Still have 3 vehicles to go.:bang head: Thanks for your input Brother.

Dave

I'm doing OK for my physical condition, hope you are doing better than that. It looks fantastic the way it is painted. So many other things have been modified, it would be hard to put back to original.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.:confused2:
I'm getting older and have a hard time keeping up with maintenance which I do Religiously. Sold a Boat, An FZ-8 and a Custom Dodge Truck. Still have 3 vehicles to go.:bang head: Thanks for your input Brother.

Dave

I can relate my body is going downhill, I bought my 2015 Vmax last April then blew my knee out and had surgeries so among other little things. This is my summer to ride and I am looking forward to it. Will be 61 soon and still loving the Vmax !!

That is a good ad, and especially the price. Fast clean Vmax with even more potential. Great deal for someone. I've tempted to take a road trip myself.
Steve-o

That is a good ad, and especially the price. Fast clean Vmax with even more potential. Great deal for someone. I've tempted to take a road trip myself.
Steve-o

Wow!!! I'm amazed at the Response. The bike is too fast for me anymore, I don't use the full potential, Too many hurting body parts from other cagers running into me. Luckily while I'm in a cage though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spKcnE_mclU

That is an INCREDIBLE sounding bike.:worthy:

Combination of a Kerker pipe setup and a shortened Marks Muffler. Got the muffler from CaptainKyle either free or dirt cheap. Had some damage is why it was shortened. It sounded way better than the stock Kerker.

Back