Need some advise on a Shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxride06

Reaction score
I really would like to add a shift light to my bike, anyone model better than the rest? Weather proof, accuracy, looks? Is it better to have a handle bar mount vs Speedo mount? Any feed back or pictures would be great.

Thanks

Chris Hansen

The Raptor is not weatherproof, but it's compact, a breeze to setup and install. And one of the least expensive. Plus it can be mounted any where you can attach it to.
I just put a small piece of electrical tape over the dip switches, and keep the red cap on it, and I've never had a problem with it for over a year. Riding in the rain and washing the bike all the time too.

http://www.raptorperformance.com/

Attachments

• ShiftLig2_10-15-07.jpg
    ShiftLig2_10-15-07.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 35
  • ShiftLig3_10-15-07.jpg
    ShiftLig3_10-15-07.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 32
  • ShiftLig_10-15-07.jpg
    ShiftLig_10-15-07.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 29
my bro is getting me a harlan for xmas. i've heard good things plus i think it was only like $55 shipped, with waterproofing and a cheapo mount...

I run the Harlan shift light and it works great. It's very easy to set up (dip switches) and easily wires up to to the back of the tachometer with included instructions.
I have mine super velcroed to the side of the speedometer as a temporay mount but will be mounting it pemanently there this winter. I didn't want a permanent mount until I found the best spot to see it for me.

Latest posts

Back