Need to get the Spark back

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike381

Reaction score
I went out last weekend had a great ride, yesterday wanted to do it again.. And tragedy struck!!! wont start. Oh No..Cranks great pulled the plugs to see if some how I Flooded it.. Nope NO spark! all 4 got out my book and volt meter and went to work..Here is where I need some advise,checked the side stand switch, the oil leval switch, checked all 4 coils with ohm meter,,Need to know how to test the coil pickup and igniter?

You did not mention the year? If 90-07 the most likely problem is the pickup coil. Unplug it and test. Located under the seat near the battery typically.

Attachments

• 90-07 Pickup Coil.jpg
    90-07 Pickup Coil.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20150514_162214_631.jpg
    IMG_20150514_162214_631.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    Picjk-Up-Coil-Connector-Tested-103-Ohms-Cropped-Labeled.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 11
So its a 1997 with 2141 miles , the battery month old and fully charged, ran fine last week .All stock. no mods..
You did not mention the year? If 90-07 the most likely problem is the pickup coil. Unplug it and test. Located under the seat near the battery typically.
just put a meter on it and nothing wide open. looks like I need a pickup coil. any recommendation's.

mine literally did the same thing, my shop fitted a new genuine Yamaha item and it fired up great again

Back