• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Needing 86 Max Windscreen/Windshield

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Public Relic

Reaction score
Hi all, interested to see if anyone is looking to get rid of their oem style windscreen? Open to different styles if you have a pic of it on the bike. Thank!

Not looking to get rid of it, but I tried this Chinese one from ebay.
Didn't cost too much either,, around $50.00 plus shipping. The one I picked up was labeled as Maroon in color. looks more like a smokey brown than a Maroon - but that's just me, lol.

Since the box it came in was flatter than the curve of the shield - and it was hot that day, It looked like the heat flattened it out a bit.

Since I didn't want to put too much pressure on shield while mounting it, I mounted the brackets on the shield, measured the distance between the turning signal lights where it mounts too, and took it in the house.

I put a bungee cord around it, and held it over my stove for a few minutes (while wearing leather welding gloves), and applying a little pressure and rotating it. Just to get it closer to the mounting distance. Using a ruler to check the distance.
After letting it cool down to hold its shape, it mounted to the bike perfectly. :eusa_dance:

It's only been 2 years but, So far, its working out well.

Chinese Ebay Shield - 2.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-WINDSH...m=272828771395&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Back