Negative Tach Feed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swoosebag

Reaction score
I have a koso knock off speedo/tach that has a negative tach feed. Is there any where I can wire it in to make it work? :ummm:

I'm pretty sure ours is positive. Wait for KJShover to see this, though. You might get a good answer from him. I've got knock-off KOSO as well. Hope I can get it to work this weekend. I'm looking for what wire to power it from. What did you do for that?

This one has two wires to power the whole unit. I hooked one up to the hot side of the starter to keep the clock and odometer running and the other to one of the coil wires I think. It powers tach,speedo and lights, and only comes on when the key is on.

Can't you set which side of the coil the signal is taken from in the software?
The Koso set up guide says the following:

Setting Three The Hi Lo setting
If you connect to the negative side of the coil set it to LO
If you connect it to the positive side of the coil set it to HI

On the Vmax the coils receive a constant positive and a ground from the TCI that is intermittently broken to create a spark, therfore I would say that the Vmax has a negative tach?

I just wired my tach feed to the stock tach feed and it worked right out of the gate. I spliced in to the feed that trips my shift light.

If you think you might need a tach adapter, I can get one out to you. I have 3 or 4 made up and sitting around, I thought I might need one and while I was wiring things up I figured it would be a waste to leave the spare resistors rolling around in my desk. I can toss it in an envelope and get it out to you at no charge.

Here is a screen shot of the Archangel manual of the wiring from the speedo/tach I bought. Ignore the connection diagram as I took the speedo's connector off and used a 9-pin male and female connector from radio shack.

Attachments

• Speedopage.jpg
    Speedopage.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 17
I wish it had the Koso settings, but its a knock off. I haven't been able to find a place to switch between hi/lo settings yet.

Latest posts

Back