Neighbor Bought A New Rod....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
My long time neighbor of 30 years and Wife's friend from school bought a vehicle titled as a 30 Ford today. I thought he was buying a POS but it's actually pretty cool for 8 Grand. Complete drive train includes a 305 Chevy with headers. newer matching tranny, driveshaft, rear end. He even got 1, 4bbl and 2,4bbl setups with Holley's. Still lots of work left but it'll be a great Cruise in car when it's done... It's going back to his North Carolina Retreat for the work.... Leaving in the morning....

Dave

Attachments

• Bob 1.jpg
    Bob 1.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Bob 2.jpg
    Bob 2.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Bob 3.jpg
    Bob 3.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 44
That's nice. If it's a steel body then WOW! I'd love a nice rod, especially for $8k!

I don't know how much steel's in the body. I saw lots of fiberglass.:confused2:
Still, that'll make it lighter and faster. I'm still trying to figure the dual quads on a 305 Chevy.....:ummm: That's a lot of fuel for a small engine....

Thats the first thing I thought. Two fours on a 305 lol. Talk about over kill.

Maybe if they were 390 cfm Holleys..... even then that is probably pretty big carb for that small of a motor.

Looks cool though.

Todd

Thats a pretty cool project, but its odd how it has a rear window on the driver side and is a pannel on the passenger side.

I like the "titled as a 30 ford", which is a good way of stating it, I am having a hard time seeing any parts on it that may have actually been on a Model A, considering the body is mostly fiberglass.

thanks,
Mr_Carlson

There is some sweet potential there. that's for sure.
I wouldn't kick it out of my garage for leaking oil.

I think the carbs were 600 CFM.:rofl_200:2 X 390's would be cutting it close on my 360 Dodge Motor.

Yes, 90% fiberglass, God knows what it really is but it's gonna be a Sweet Ride. Rear Window difference is a mystery.:ummm:

Neighbor Bob, finally found this fitting project after what I know to be an Eternity. I've lived here 30 years. Mary has known
him for over 60 and says this is a Dream of his from childhood. I'm Very Happy for him....:clapping:

I am having a hard time seeing any parts on it that may have actually been on a Model A, considering the body is mostly fiberglass.

thanks,
Mr_Carlson

When I put a Model A light on my bike, I scoured ebay for an original Duolamp.
So my Yamaha is more Model A than that rod. :biglaugh:

Id love to have it though! Hell yeah! :punk:
What I really like about this story is that he has been looking for forever for the right car. It makes me happy to see perseverance paying off like that. Tell him good luck from Oz Dave!

Latest posts

Back