Neighbors battling over loud pipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read this on another board, here's a snipit:

Tracy and the girls are out front talking and here comes this woman on her cell phone. She stands across the street and is talking to 911 about the motorcycle. Oh yes, this is an emergency! Tracy asks her "Is there a problem?" and she just ignores her and keeps talking to the police. So I turn, give her my biggest smile, give the big politition wave, and then spin around and moon her. At that point she gasps and starts walking back down to where she came from.

That's from a Texas M/C board, and man, can I see that happening in my neighborhood. I have left my dB-killers in my mufflers, just for this reason. (Well, that, and I don't need my ears to ring any more than they already do...)

Funny stuff.

Surely, you guys have some funny stories of run-ins you might have had with some cranky neighbors that don't share your love for your pipe(s). <==Not a sex joke. :pullhair:

I can't see it happening in my neighborhood. All my neighbours are overly tolerant. I remember all the late night parties our one neighbour's kids had and the cops were never called out.

I can't see it happening in my neighborhood. All my neighbours are overly tolerant. I remember all the late night parties our one neighbour's kids had and the cops were never called out.

You're living in a great neighborhood, it sounds like. Ours used to be.

I remember one night I was watching True Lies on my home theater (my other hobby) and had it cranked up a bit. At the end of the movie, I heard some people talking in the alley, and it was three sets of neighbors trying to figure out where all the bass was coming from. One neighbor across the alley thought his hot water heater was making the racket, and had gotten up out of bed to check it. We all laughed. Those were the days. *sigh*

I live off a private gravel road in the woods. I have 1 neighbor I have to pass. They are an older couple in there 80's. I am usually going under 10MPH in 3rd gear out of respect after 8PM. If they were a pain in my ass I am sure I would point my exhaust towards there house and do some high RPM tuneups on a Sunday morning. They dont mess with me so I respect them.

Some of my neighbors aren't liking me going to work at 5:30am saturday morning.

Been in a few arguments with the folk next door, even had the police called on me. That was too funny on it's own. The city cop was umm Kelly, Your bike IS pretty loud. I just made the point that if he wanted to write a "Fix it" ticket, I would contest the lack of a dB meter then pop a few discs out of the pipes then beat the ticket anyway. :biglaugh:

then it was... shit Shover that aint right, you got this figured out. just try and idle out of your driveway.

So, I tried the idle thing. That lasted all of about once. Since then there hasn't been any problems. It looks like its going to be a great fall and the ppl on my block need to get up and enjoy it too. :clapping:

I have the best neighbors on the planet, THERE AIN'T NONE!! :biglaugh:

There's an old cemetery down by the "main" road (it's gravel also) but those folks never utter so much as a peep!

Other than that.......nothing! Trees, squirrels, deer, wolves and once in awhile, a black bear!

danny

Attachments

• Neighbors.jpg
    Neighbors.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 38
I have the best neighbors on the planet, THERE AIN'T NONE!! :biglaugh:

There's an old cemetery down by the "main" road (it's gravel also) but those folks never utter so much as a peep!

Other than that.......nothing! Trees, squirrels, deer, wolves and once in awhile, a black bear!

danny

Your house looks like my garage... :biglaugh:

" THATS F!@#$%G FUNNY ":rofl_200:

I am not even going to post a pic of my mini house in teh woods, he will say "Damn Yankee your house looks like my shed"

Next time your neighbors bitch about your motorcycle, remove the canister and start your bike up and do a couple blips of the throttle to 10K Best times are around 3:30AM. put the canister back on and wait for the cops. You may want to offer the cop a beer this way he wont give you a hard time.
Just tell the cops "I dont know what they are talking about":confused2:

Do this every 2nd Wed and 1:30AM on every 3rd Tues eventually your neighbors will catch on not to bitch.
If that doesnt work get your chainsaw out on a Sunday morning around 7AM and cut some branches.

Back