Never saw a Yamaha ride like this I bet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those Autograss cars remind me of the Legends here in the USA. I went to the website, and perused the rulebooks. You have to hunt a bit to find some pics, I got some from the 2019 results. I like the Hillman IMP (car # E220) which was a class-winner, that was a car you saw rarely here in the USA. Probably on a level with the Triumph Herald, or the Lotus 7. The lines of the Hillman remind me of the first generation Corvair. I once owned a Monza Spyder, a '63, all Spyders were convertibles and turbo powerplants with > 1 HP/cubic inch. Putting a transverse leaf spring onto the rear transaxle half-shafts did a lot to prevent the tuck-under of the wheel when cornering hard.

The YENKO Chevy's were popular as tuner cars, before that term was in the lexicon. YENKO cars like the Camaros are comparable to Baldwin Motion Performance Camaros, Shelby Mustangs, and Royal Bobcat Pontiacs; they also made Corvairs. John Fitch was another engineer/racer who loved the Corvairs, he called his the 'Fitch Sprints.' Whenever you pass an intersection with those barriers which resemble stout, wide, plastic barrels placed in-front of steel barricades, thank John Fitch, because he invented them. They're filled with sand, and the top blows-off when impacted, absorbing the car's kinetic energy, and helping to lessen the impact to the car's occupants. A true life-saver. They first used water inside, then they found sand worked better.

Everyone besides SC61 is late to the corner! They also remind me of the USAC Midgets, which were some hairy rides going all the way-back to before WW II. In the 1950's/'60's, they were developed with Offenhauser DOHC fuel-burning 4 cylinder powerplants boosted with nitro, insane compression ratios, and on a short track, they could run with period Indy cars, called 'Champ cars' then. They even ran against F1 cars in 'Formula Libre' races.

View attachment 74409View attachment 74410View attachment 74411
There's a yenko corvair .
In a private collection not far from me. He also has one of every color.69 yenko camaros. Oh and he has. 1 of every chevrolet convertible.from 1912 till 1977.i think when ever chevy discontinued convertibles. For a while.And a corvette convertible.from every year available. Even a 2020.

A rich attorney I know had every year Triumph Bonneville. The Meriden bikes not the John Bloor new Triumphs. He had a couple of 'track cars' which were ex-NASCAR cars. He had two guys who were retired Yamaha dealership mechanics locally, who maintained his collection of motorcycles and cars.

Ya this guy has a full time mechanic . To maintain the museum.The owner of the cars. Is a self made billionaire. And a very nice guy.

Back