Never thought it would happen like this

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm standing there next to my bike getting gas.Some young kid crashes his truck right into the back of my Max.Allmost hitting me & knocking the bike to the ground on the left side. Sending gas everywhere!! Good thing there was no fire. "Damage" Crushed Shifter into stater cover,fender,tail light, left pipe,fly screen.Some how, my helmet was also crushed under the weight of the bike when it fell. No, my head was not in it. Over 10 years without in incident. Never thought anything like this would happen. I was so pissed, I wanted to kill!!:damn angry: But he was just an18 year old kid, What was I supposed to do?? We exchanged paper work & I just got a tow home.:confused2:......Shit!!!:bang head::bang head::bang head:

I am so sorry for your loss but glad you are OK with no fractures, pulls or strains. Never in a moment would have thought caution was needed when filling up. He was talking or texting on his cellphone I bet.

Sorry your 10 year record fell today. Remain vigilant and careful, all of us.

That really sucked. 18yr old is more'n old enough to be killed IMO.

Little s.o.b. have good insurance?

Rusty... you know the Allstate commercial, right ? "You're in good hands with Allstate" maybe you don't.... :confused2:

Did you file an accident report with the cops?.........Most fuel stations have security cameras all over, shouldn't be any problem establishing fault if it's brought up.........Glad you were not hurt!..................Tom.

I'm standing there next to my bike getting gas.Some young kid crashes his truck right into the back of my Max.Allmost hitting me & knocking the bike to the ground on the left side. Sending gas everywhere!! Good thing there was no fire. "Damage" Crushed Shifter into stater cover,fender,tail light, left pipe,fly screen.Some how, my helmet was also crushed under the weight of the bike when it fell. No, my head was not in it. Over 10 years without in incident. Never thought anything like this would happen. I was so pissed, I wanted to kill!!:damn angry: But he was just an18 year old kid, What was I supposed to do?? We exchanged paper work & I just got a tow home.:confused2:......Shit!!!:bang head::bang head::bang head:
I suggest you look him up in 5 yrs exactly, and bear spray him....
Just a suggestion.

Glad you're ok. That almost happened to me once. I had just finished gassing up and was putting on my gloves. I turned around to see a woman in her car behind me less than 3 feet from my bike. She had her head turned all the way to the left staring at the pump and was moving closer and closer to my bike. I slapped the hood of her car and woke her up. She was startled and to be honest I don't think she noticed me or my bike. She sarcastically said "I wasn't going to hit you or your bike." I smiled at her and said "that's cool... just making sure". At least I had time to react. You are lucky he did not run you over too.

Always, always, Allllllways call the cops. Once you leave his story can change, he can give false information, ect ect ect. It is always best to call the cops to keep honest people honest.

Aw man! That sucks. We Maxers get to see more than our fair share of gas stops, and in today's world of 'distracted driving' you would think that when you are getting gas you'd have a reprieve from them!

I have had a close call with a youngster in a lowered 'rice racer' (complete with a flatulent coffee can exhaust) who pulled in fast and I guess had already mentally claimed the spot I rode into. Luckily he DID see me pull in and swerved away in time. It wasn't that close, maybe 5 feet, but I still heard the cracking of precious motorcycle and more precious bone in my mind.

At least you are ok. Think of it as a reason to feed that mod monkey some more!

Wow that sucks Rusty! Glad you're ok man and I bet you did want to kill. Sounds like so many cagers out there not paying attention or on a f'n cell phone.Hope you get her back the way she was....Cherry!
Mike

If you find you aren't in as good of hands as you thought, perhaps you can get Dennis Haysbert DENNIS HAYSBERT AKA JONAS BLANE.jpg out of his Allstate commercial mode, and back into his "the Unit" character, Jonas Blane, to go kick some azz for you? :biglaugh:

Good luck with Allstate.

Wow that sucks Rusty! Glad you're ok man and I bet you did want to kill. Sounds like so many cagers out there not paying attention or on a f'n cell phone.Hope you get her back the way she was....Cherry!
Mike
Thanks Mike, Lot's of Allstate jokes Here:rofl_200:This is my first claim with them. I'll let everyone know how I was treated when it's all fixed.

I've had a few close calls in gas stations. Seems like everyone either parks their car at a pump then goes inside to do their week's grocery shopping, or is in such a rush they go blowing through the pumps at 30mph.

Nice thing is with bikes it doesn't matter "which side" you pull up on so I always take ones on the outside of the pavillion, that are more visible to incoming traffic.

That sucks dude, but after I laid my bike down my bike is now nicer than ever after Progressive sent me a couple plump checks. Better than before. So look at the bright side.

"real life" insurance stories are always interesting, so keep us posted.

Back