new 1260 bore and hearing a humming noise?????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1bad97

Reaction score
so i have just over 1000 miles on my new motor. the 1260 it bad ass. but i am starting to hear a humming sound. at first i thought it could be the differential so i changed the fluid. i wasnt then i noticed it sounds like it goes with the rpms of the bike. im thinking a crank bearing.(hopping its not cuz of the moiney i just spent) do you guys have any ideas??

not sure, drive shaft, transmission? maybe a oil chg and send it out for a oil sample to see if its making metal at all, can get kits on the net.

engine shop doesnt have any ideas or willing to look at it for you?

best bet talk to sean morley, he might have a few ideas for you

i havent gone back yet to the shop that did it. i dropped the oil at 549 miles. and put new oil in. i used petrolium based for the first 500 and went to spectrum synthetic blend for the oil in it now. i forgot to mention this to its not always humming either. only here and there. its a loud humming cuz i can hear it even with my kerker 4-1 with the 2 1/2 competition tip on it.

also the noise goes with the engine rpms. even at a light i can rev it and hear it

like a chain noise in the motor? does it do it in neutral? might indicate a tranny sound? maybe try reg dino 15w40 again and see what it does.

yea it does it in neutral. i have 15 40 in it now. but its the blend. maybe i will try red oil in it

guess recording it for us to hear might not work with a kerker, be too hard to hear clearly unless its that loud? is it like a super charger(blower) sound?

i dont know. i guess ill have to ride it and really listen. if i had to say it doesnt sound like a supercharger sound though as of now. i wanna say more of a actually hum sound

Moving or not moving. RPM's of the gears or RPM's of the Engine? I never recommend using the synthetic oil personally.

Sean

moving and not moving. rpms of the engine and the gears. cant really hear it until around 3800 rpm

Maybe check for loose frame/motor mount bolts? Mine has billet mounts and they vibrate loose.I would go over every bolt on the thing that was removed to get the engine out just to eliminate it.Its cheap and easy.

spun bearing ? ? ? does your motor feels like it has the same power ?? or less? if it does it in Neutural it is 100% nothing to do with the gearing and transmition.... a video will help a lot that can indentify the problem. i hope it isnt serious cause you just spend money on your engine

These are noisy engines and a video can be difficult but get one posted up. If it's doing it in nuetral and stopped then it's crankshaft/piston/cams related. It can be waterpump, clutch pressure plate, ect...

We can eliminate the rear diff and trans as was noted already.

Sean

motor has the same power so i dont know if a spun bearing would do that. and it kinda came out of no where. for the break in i never really got on it like i wanted to and one day it just started making that noise.

Take it to those who built it... Ask them what the crap is so noisy... Good Luck...

Back