New 94 project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Just stole this one out of East TX, pretty nice burnt orange metal flake paint, been off the road for a couple years. Battery was dead of course, I haven't started working on it yet, just unloaded it off the trailer. Corbin seat, backrest, polished scoops, engine guards, factory cowl, fairly new tires, V-boost switch, guy says he got married and the wife mad him give up riding! $1200 bucks with a clean TX title. Ain't I a stinker? :biglaugh:

002-59.jpg

001-57.jpg

Last edited:
Can I say "your a DICK" ? LMAO Good find! I never find deals like that. Welll I guess that is not the case. Just never a motorcycle deal.. Bought a 26K golf course 7' zero turn mower with only 1,200 hrs on it for $900 a couple years ago. LOL

texas-ss-tornado, I am thinking about sneaking down and taken your luck rabbit's foot, all the four leaf clovers, horse shoes and happy budda's you have for some of that luck. Another great 'find'.
How many vehicles can you have in your name before the state makes you get a dealer's lic. ?

texas-ss-tornado, I am thinking about sneaking down and taken your luck rabbit's foot, all the four leaf clovers, horse shoes and happy budda's you have for some of that luck. Another great 'find'.
How many vehicles can you have in your name before the state makes you get a dealer's lic. ?
The trick is not to put them in your name !

Wife made him quit riding? Wow, that fur covered gut sure does make some men do strange things.:biglaugh: Congrats on the find. Should be a quick turn around. Looks clean.

Nice looking bike, I love the color!.............Job well done!............Ya Dick!..........:biglaugh:.................Tom.

Wow, Great Find. Makes up for some of the times the Bird of Paradise has surely crapped on ya.....:clapping::clapping::clapping:Like it has all of us..

The trick is not to put them in your name !

Exactly! I do register a couple of year, if I plan on keeping it for a while, but it wouldn't be cost effective to pay the taxes and fees on all of them. Just sold the 97 today I got in OKC last month, had it for exactly 1 month! Made a nice little profit on that one. One comes in, one goes out, my garage is a revolving door I tell ya! :punk:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/mcy/2984983546.html

Man, nice deal. I paid more than that for my '85 Magna a few years ago.

Hopefully a new battery will crank 'er right up, won't have to get into the business of carb rebuilds if it's been sitting for a while.

Even if you have to put $500 into it, you'd sell it in a flash at $3k. Custom paint is one thing that does seem to add value to a bike. That'd be a tidy profit.

If I met a girl who gave me the "it's me or the bike" line, it's not someone I could have ever lived with anyway. See ya toots.

Took me all of 30 mintues to get this one running. New battery, flushed the fuel tank, new fuel filter, primed her up and VROOOOOOM! Running pretty good, clutch and brakes seem to be OK, 2nd gear is fine, doesn't want to idle right now, but I've got some seafoam in it. May get away with a pea shooter or shotgun carb clean, worse case, the carbs come off for a good once over. Lucked out again! :punk:

Man, nice deal. I paid more than that for my '85 Magna a few years ago.

Hopefully a new battery will crank 'er right up, won't have to get into the business of carb rebuilds if it's been sitting for a while.

Even if you have to put $500 into it, you'd sell it in a flash at $3k. Custom paint is one thing that does seem to add value to a bike. That'd be a tidy profit.

If I met a girl who gave me the "it's me or the bike" line, it's not someone I could have ever lived with anyway. See ya toots.

Remember what Coprunner says, "after 30 days they all gotta go!"

Works for some people. I am happily married, & she doesn't want anything to do w/bikes! I have "more than one bike."

The wife knows I love her but if she ask me to decide between her and my bike. She knows what would be staying and who be leaving.

Better be carefull, I hope she's not reading this thread Paul..............:damn angry:....................Tom.

By the way, noticed something interesting I had never seen before on a VMAX. There's a button built into the top of the RH control, says "ZOOM" on it? I'm assumming this is some kind of V-Boost controller? Doesn't seem to be functional at this point, just wondering.........

Better be carefull, I hope she's not reading this thread Paul..............:damn angry:....................Tom.
She does not need to read it. I have told her. She was going to give me that line when I bought it, I stopped her and told to pick her words carefully. She understands that she does not have to ride with me, but she knows not to ask for me to get rid of my bike. And after she wrecked my truck she will not drive it again. I am not mad at her, but it is something that does not get talked about, she knows that she will never get behind the wheel of my truck again after and when it gets fixed she can be a passenger. I keep her van running and if she wants to change for something else I would get it for her, but she knows there is a line on the bike and the now the truck, that she will not cross.

Back