New American Bike...V4..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this comes to fruition and isn't really expensive. I would love to buy and American made performance bike.

So far, I fucking like it! Put that engine in the right muscle bike chassis, at a reasonable price tag and you got potential, IMO

Mike

Sorta like Moto Guzzi frame engine position, GDI/Mithubishi injection patent.
Also if I saw it right, its SOHC camshaft.
Overall engine looks very tight, sorta minimalism which is a good thing.

I wonder if they used dry sump couse that motor have much height, It needs to be mounted very high on the frame.

So far I like it but im waitning to see some numbers!

i love the idea of the engine i read about this a long time ago, but the whole sport bike thing killed it for me :(

+1 to that,
they need to put that thing in a power cruiser like the v max,
if not, alot of kids are going to lose their lives in the mountains.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I thought it said it was a pushrod engine like most US engines used to be and some still are (Corvette for one). I would prefer a DOHC configuration myself.

I like the concept for the most part except I would like to see a shaft drive vs the chain. Hopefully they lean more towards the touring and then build a competitor for the Vmax and the rumored new Duc.
Oh yeah, the sound is good!!!:punk:

Simple math and figures you do not need all the horseshit on an engine to make HP. Keep it simple because a engine is simple fuel, air, and spark no need for everything else. If this goes on a good chassis this bike will be something else.

Supposed to be a sport tourer like the VFR. As much as we love muscle bikes, it;s a very small niche compared to other categories and a start up making a muscle bike would probably fail.

Finally...is the American motorcycle industry finally going to make something other than motorized La-Z-Boys?

Definitely got potential....though what's with the pushrod valves? They design a brand new motor, put all this high technology in it, then use one cam? Seems to stick out like a sore thumb. But they did mention they wanted people to be able to work on it, and OHC's make that a bit more daunting, so who knows.

Think the sportbike market would be a tough sell. It's been utterly dominated by Japanese I4's for so long that a new kid American V4, no matter how good, would take time to catch on. A muscle cruiser would be a more natural fit.

I like it. Here's a link to the Motus site: http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/index.html

It would be great to see and hear a new American kid on the block. I do feel that offering several versions of the bike would be a wise move for them. While I would be thrilled with a straight-on power drag bike, others would like a comfortable cruiser and others still would prefer something lightweight and sporty. Let's hope the new engine will work on all those variations of the bike. Can't wait to see them on the road.

ITS JUST LIKE A CAR ENGINE , SO WITH THE TRANSMISSION UNBOLTING FROM THE ENGINE , IT WILL BE VERY EASY TO DO SOME " MAD SHIT " TO THE ENGINE , AND THEN BOLT IT RIGHT BACK IN ! .. :punk:

Latest posts

Back