New B-King

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened. I have been waiting patiently for a used 2nd generation VMAX to come around for 10K or less. That was just a magic number I pulled out of a hat, but I was NOT going to lay out 18K for a new one, just wasn't going to do it, it's the principle of the thing more than anything else. So last weekend, I responded to an ad for a ZL900 Eliminator that was close to me, went and bought it. While there, I see this beautiful machine sitting next to it. Yep, 2008 Suzuki B-King. I had never seen one in person, but when I did, I fell in love with it instantly. Once he fired it up and I heard it run, I was hooked. Asked the gentlemen if it was for sale and he said yes, we negotiated a price and a week later, it now sits in my garage. All I can tell you about this beast is one thing, it's a MONSTER! I have ridden alot of bikes in my life, but nothing that pulls like this thing does, it's hard to keep the front wheel on the ground in the first 3 gears! Power wheelies at the bat of an eye, just friggin' unreal! I've already scared myself on it a couple of times, I thought my 1st generation VMAX's were fast, kids toys compared to this thing! The guy that owned it before me replaced that ugly stock exhaust with a nice Two Brothers setup, got rid of the tailpiece associated with it too, it looks much better the way it is now than the stock setup! He installed a TRE switch, basically tricks the computer into thinking it's 4th gear all the time, which defeats the manufacturs attempt to keep the front end on the ground! I've only put about 50 miles on it, just got it Friday afternoon, and it rained! We hadn't had rain literally in 3 months, and the day I get this, it starts pouring! The best part was the price, got it for 7K. Now, is this better than a 2nd generation VMAX? Not saying it is or isn't, but I'm happy with it and I have a TON of money leftover for more bikes. All the comparisons I've seen so far put the B-King a tick faster than the VMAX, first time I find one on the open road, I'll find out for myself! Here's some pics, enjoy!

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/83GS1100E_Tornado/2008%20Suzuki%20B-King/?albumview=slideshow

009.jpg

003.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

Very nice choice . I have seen a few and followed the tests on it and it appears to be quick as the Gen2 Max and handle just a tick better. Something about it though , styling wise , just didn't attract the numbers Suz thought it would. Good price on it too , you should enjoy this bike a lot. Like the color & mods done .

it is what everybody like. personaly i dont like the looks of this bike , i have ridden one of my friends and yes it is very powerfull. good engine. but as it goes for the looks i think the bike doesnt have the feeling of a 2008+ year. the headlights looks like they are "compressed" to the forks ,for me the headlights have a feeling that they are aftermarket cheap choise for a naked bike but this look is the stock one!!!!!!!!!!!. if the mod monkey hits you change the front headlights and if there is a rear tail in a more vertical line DO IT. the rear section has undertail exhausts and still has a very big gap. if i wanted a bike with that kind of engine i would go with a hayabusa. if i wanted a bike with a streetfighter looks and powerfull engine i would go with gen 2 or a very custom gen 1.. but thats me. it is a very different philosofy with the history and looks of a v-max. b- king is a very powerfull bike with a busa engine but i cannot call it streetfighter or naked bike, it feels like a busa covered with scooter plastics. i dont want to be rude honestly, you saw it you loved it in the first sight that is the point. be safe man cause it is a fast machine.

Evil, Wicked, Mean and Nasty Scoot Bro... I couldn't ride it but gotta love it...

i AWESOME BIKE ! .. GREAT , GREAT , GREAT , PRICE ! .. I CANT WAIT TO RIDE IT ! . :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_0790.jpg
    100_0790.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 16
Nice King get in touch with John Furbur he has a turbo King and knows what mods to go with on those beast's

Functionally, they are supposed to be "all that." I am not a Suzuki guy, never owned one, but have had multiple Hondas, Kawasakis, and of course, Yamahas. The styling is from the "Transformers" school as far as I can see, looks like something from a graphic novel about urban crime. It definitely has attitude.

Enjoy your new purchase.

I've ridden quite a few BKings on demo rides and they are bad ass! Nice new bike! :punk:

This was my problem when I demo'd that Z1000....suddenly the Max feels like a "kid's toy" in comparison.

Took all the other manufacturers 20so years, but they finally realized the "muscle standard" still has a viable market out there.

Yeah did you ever grab the eliminator? I want one of those things baaaaaadly:bang head:

G

Of course, this thing is unreal too, I have never seen one with so many chrome pieces on it, they even chromed the FRAME! It has some kind of clutch issue, haven't worked on it yet, but this is definitely a keeper too, will look good next to my black ZL1000. Oh yea, and it only cost a grand! I knew he needed money when he sold this so cheap, that's another reason I started asking him about the B-King!

031-2.jpg

Those things are the dog's bollocks! I have only ridden Hayabusas, but taking that motor and putting it in a standard chassis is simply fantastic! Total nine second bikes, set up right. Personally, I think the new VMax is horribly overpriced. getting that beauty for $7K is magic!

Congrats!

. Personally, I think the new VMax is horribly overpriced.

So does pretty much the entire motorcycle world. The only changes in 3 model years now has been colors, and of course price hikes. Up to $20k now if you pay full blown sticker.

Just plain stupid: Harley math made metric. No thanks. I love the old Max, and if I wanted pure speed, I'd get a ZX14.

Man, the ZX14 is a screamer!!! I have never flown past 150 so fast. Yes that was it for me, I ran out of guts and shut the thing down. Call me a whimp.:rofl_200:

Of course, this thing is unreal too, I have never seen one with so many chrome pieces on it, they even chromed the FRAME! It has some kind of clutch issue, haven't worked on it yet, but this is definitely a keeper too, will look good next to my black ZL1000. Oh yea, and it only cost a grand! I knew he needed money when he sold this so cheap, that's another reason I started asking him about the B-King!

031-2.jpg

Damn that thing is CLEAN! Kick Ass deal on both bikes! Congrats

Nice BK...........and yes....best BANG for the buck......will eat anything up without a fairing....:punk:

Back