New black kuryakyn grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
Really nice...

C01000377a.jpg

I wonder if we can use them with regular barends and/or barend mirrors

The end caps screw right off but I can't remember what it looks like behind those. The grips are awesome.

I got notice on these a couple of weeks ago. I asked about the flame grip too (since I think they are more comfortable) and they said depending on the interest of these they may add more parts with the coating.

The ends do come off and you can get optional palm rests (not sure if black is available yet) or other accessories. I think a bit of trimming would be required to make the bar ends fit.

The palm rest are already available but I didn't see any flame ones coated.
I saw the model above around 70-80$ without shipping.

I had the flame type in chrome. They were comfortable although I found the diameter a bit big.

That's my problem with them as well... Too big! I wear an XL glove so I don't have small paws, but I wear gloves 100% of the time. I like the D3's I got from Sean. They're actually VERY comfy and don't look like something off a Harley which IMO is good.

Chris

The reason for the fat grips is vibration dampening...my bike came with them , didn't care for them at first but after riding the bike for a while I noticed my hands didn't go numb like they would with the regular grips...just an observation .

question for sean, or guys with these grips. I have heated pads under the OEM grips, would these work/install with those pads?

I don't think so?? They are pretty snug fitting grips and not sure if the heated pads would fit under. The D3 Grips might but they are pretty snug fitting too but at least allow some flexing.

I don't think so?? They are pretty snug fitting grips and not sure if the heated pads would fit under. The D3 Grips might but they are pretty snug fitting too but at least allow some flexing.

are the D3 metal or rubbery?

I have a set of kuryakyn grips I took the end caps of last month to check to see if bar end mirrors would fit, "I think" id was 5/8" I know there was no problem with mirrors as handlebar id was 12mm, not home now or would check.

The D3 are basically a rubber sleeve with 2 CNC rings on each extremities.
I got exactly the same in chrome and black, but they are hard to fit IMO.
When I tries it got stucked on the throttle sleeve.

0000-Driven-D3-Grips.jpg

thanks for the info, def wouldn't work with my heated grips

I had ZERO issues fitting mine... I sprayed brake clean in them and they slid right on...

Chris

Mine were not exactly the D3 but almost the same.
So I guess it explains why I'm having trouble lol

Did you fit the rubber then the rings or all at once ?

Mine were not exactly the D3 but almost the same.
So I guess it explains why I'm having trouble lol

Did you fit the rubber then the rings or all at once ?

All at once except the back ring... I just sliped that over the end when done.

It'd be tight Garrett... What isn't tight though? :ummm:

Brake clean is the trick to fitting grips IMO.

Chris

All at once except the back ring... I just sliped that over the end when done.

It'd be tight Garrett... What isn't tight though? :ummm:

Brake clean is the trick to fitting grips IMO.

Chris

well the rubber grips are tight but fine b/c they flex slightly. the grip pads are about 1/16 - 1/8" thick, but if something was machined plastic or metal to JUST fit over the bar or throttle tube not sure it would work ya know?

Back