new boots too big for shift lever angle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlutz1969

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a new pair of boots that the toe area is too tall to accomodate getting under the shift arm to upshift. Has anyone else had this problem? If so I would like to know how you solved the issue. Can the shift lever be moved upwards? And if so would i need to adjust the linkage? Any help or options with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yes, make it work for the boots. May have to move it more than 1 spline. Won't be good for other shoes but.:confused2: Oh Well.

You can also use the screw adjuster to move the lever quite a bit up, or down. Generally the transmission likes to have the lever lower than horizontal to help avoid false neutrals/ missed shifts.

I addidently put my shifter back one spline higher than the mark and I couldn't upshift because the shifter hits the footpeg.

you can also use the screw adjuster to move the lever quite a bit up, or down. Generally the transmission likes to have the lever lower than horizontal to help avoid false neutrals/ missed shifts.

+1

Back