New Crankshaft?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAXXMAN93-4301

Reaction score
:ummm:i was reading the specs and noticed they say it has a new 180 deg crankshaft. my question is does this mean it has a even firing seqence now? i hope not the lope is one of the things i love about the 1st gen.:confused2:

:ummm:i was reading the specs and noticed they say it has a new 180 deg crankshaft. my question is does this mean it has a even firing seqence now? i hope not the lope is one of the things i love about the 1st gen.:confused2:

it would be impossible for it to not have a standard 4 cylinder firing duration if that is how the crank is designed.

that is my thoughts also but i wasnt sure if that meant 180 deg between firing or 180deg between crank throws:ummm: if it is 180 deg firing it will have an even firing sequence- like a magna. if the throws are 180 deg apart it will have an uneven sequence like the 1st gen but a little different due to th 65 deg v angle like every 115 deg then 245 deg later and 115 deg later then 245 deg later i think:confused2:

i guess what i'm saying is i hope thay didnt even it out:bang head:

If it's sharing rod journals between front and rear cylinders on the same side (which it is) I can't imagine it not having rod journals 180 apart.

It'll be just like the old max I think........????:ummm:

I hope they didn't even it out either,.....but you can only even out a single pin V configuration so much anyway......the only way to really even it out would be to have 4 separate rod journals and then it would be too wide....

v twin hondas have split crank pins for even firing so do most v-6 car engines .:ummm: i dont think they did but think about this they made a very uneven firing order for the inline 4 motogp bikes! so they could do anything:confused2:

Last edited:
Since the v angle between front and back cylinders changed, some other things would need to change.... i doubt the cranks 180 degree design would have changed there is no need to.... split pin set ups were put into cars with the intention of calming second order harmonics....vibrations.... not really a concern here.....

The lope ,maxmann, comes from cam timing....when overlap of the intake and exhaust overlap is great enough you get vacuum fluctuations that stutter the idle... but that overlap is beneficial for power production higher up in the rev range....

Its a problem for emissions so.....id expect it to be less so..... but like the vboost... it goes away and you get something better in return.

v twin hondas have split crank pins for even firing so do most v-6 car engines .:ummm: i dont think they did but think about this they made a very uneven firing order for the inline 4 motogp bikes! so they could do anything:confused2:

yes they can...

MOTOGP cranks and firing orders change like the weather...all with the intention of getting power pulses just right for power application off the corners.... Ducatis v 4 race bike changed to "big bang" last year thereby turning it into a double v twin... with more "time" between firing on the rotation the rear tire didnt break loose as easily....

That shit amazes me...i cant fathom being so sensitive a rider that i could feel and use the differences in firing order of two identical bikes to translate into better lap times..... (but i did stay at a holiday in once...)

the loping exhaust note is primarily from the uneven firing sequence, not the cams as much[though they do contribute] :biglaugh: vmaxes v angle makes it impossible to even the sequenc without splitting the journals. same goes for v twins that arent at 90 or180 deg

Back