New from KY

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaketheone46

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thanks for having me, I’ve been riding since 5 years old. Started in the dirt of coarse but by the time I was 16 I was dying to have a superbike. Started with a FZR600. I’ve been riding all of Yamahas best racers ever since. I currently have the following, my favorite generation 04-06 Yamaha R1 it’s absolutely mint and up till recently my only keeper that will never leave my stable. 2016 R6, 2016 R3, 2013 YZ250, and now a 2009 vmax 1700!!! My latest and second keeper I absolutely love it. It’s kinda set up on the sporty side. Vance and Hines picked it up brand new to develop the CS-1 exhaust. From there it went to a museum then the guy I bought it from in Georgia. Vance and Hines had it painted up by Criss Woods a transformer theme. I so love the bike so far and can’t wait to put more miles on it. Looking forward to talking to you all.

Attachments

• 210F96F1-0A85-4E1F-B8E5-DFFEC5CCB151.jpeg
    210F96F1-0A85-4E1F-B8E5-DFFEC5CCB151.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Welcome aboard! You've got a hella Max there Bro!
Thanks so very much.it is an absolute beast. I see it has a PC5 and suspect it’s been tuned and any restrictions removed, but I want to find someone to send the ECU to so I know what’s been done. First start of the day seems to take 3 seconds or sip which doesn’t seem right to me and then it takes another few seconds for it to clean up and idle. Almost like a cylinder takes an extra few seconds to fire up. After first start of the day it fires up perfectly Everytime. My only other issue is the last ride of the season I saw the check engine light come on for a minute or 2 then it went out. This happened twice, both times turning right coming out of a red light that I didn’t completely stop for either time. I didn’t notice a single hiccup or any type of misfire either time.
Lastly I do have to make sure the oil pump recall was done as well as the wire harness recall. I can’t believe my fuel hitting reserve as low as 60 miles. Why would Yamaha have not gave us another gallon. Lol I absolutely love this bike and will never let it go unless it was to get another. It and my R1 are my keepers forever. Here are pics of the R6 and R1.

Attachments

• 09D86CC8-2F81-4844-B38C-B78D76F30A2A.png
    09D86CC8-2F81-4844-B38C-B78D76F30A2A.png
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • F7C9987A-39F1-4DB9-8105-0A025D2B4DB6.png
    F7C9987A-39F1-4DB9-8105-0A025D2B4DB6.png
    8.9 MB · Views: 0
If it has been flashed it will have a loud and clear sticker on the CDI box (located above the battery which is under the faux tank cover near your boys).

Hello everyone, thanks for having me, I’ve been riding since 5 years old. Started in the dirt of coarse but by the time I was 16 I was dying to have a superbike. Started with a FZR600. I’ve been riding all of Yamahas best racers ever since. I currently have the following, my favorite generation 04-06 Yamaha R1 it’s absolutely mint and up till recently my only keeper that will never leave my stable. 2016 R6, 2016 R3, 2013 YZ250, and now a 2009 vmax 1700!!! My latest and second keeper I absolutely love it. It’s kinda set up on the sporty side. Vance and Hines picked it up brand new to develop the CS-1 exhaust. From there it went to a museum then the guy I bought it from in Georgia. Vance and Hines had it painted up by Criss Woods a transformer theme. I so love the bike so far and can’t wait to put more miles on it. Looking forward to talking to you all.
Welcome greetings from Alton Ontario Canada where I am currently on a 2007 Vmax and enjoying it... Well, not right now as the Bike is in hibernation till May.

Welcome greetings from Alton Ontario Canada where I am currently on a 2007 Vmax and enjoying it... Well, not right now as the Bike is in hibernation till May.
Thanks very much, a good frien of mine has a really clean 07. He loves that thing. I have rode it a few times excellent bike.

Welcome, Jake. Glad to have you here!

Congratulations on the nice looking Vmax.
I like these sport bikes as well.

Welcome, Jake. Glad to have you here!

Congratulations on the nice looking Vmax.
I like these sport bikes as well.
Thanks very much, I love them all well enough to sacrifice on everything else just to have the bikes I want. I can say here in KY winter is a total drag but we have some great roads for when it warms up.

Back