New from Valencia (Spain).

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just bought Vmax in my country.
Year 2003, VIN number: JYA2WE (from USA) and engine number 2WE-087...

I was trying to check if everything was "original".

Thanks to all of you.

2WE is a prefix used for a 2003 49 state VMax, among other years.

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.04.png

2WE is a prefix used for a 2003 49 state VMax, among other years.

View attachment 87835
Thank you very much for your information.

Mine as you said is 5GKC with engine number 2WE-087560 so I believe that everything is original. Do you know what is the meaning of 49 State?

Next to the engine number is engraved 96 with an arrow pointing the west and another 96 with an arrow pointing to south. Do you know what is it??

Best regards and thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your information.

Mine as you said is 5GKC with engine number 2WE-087560 so I believe that everything is original. Do you know what is the meaning of 49 State?

Next to the engine number is engraved 96 with an arrow pointing the west and another 96 with an arrow pointing to south. Do you know what is it??

Best regards and thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 2F243B70-1908-4F15-8902-41BB113B86B0.jpeg
    2F243B70-1908-4F15-8902-41BB113B86B0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
CA (California) has regulations regarding emissions, like an evaporative recovery system, resulting in modifications to the carburetors and additional equipment. However, you can make 49 state carburetors work on CA regulation bikes, but they will not meet the regulations in-place when the motorcycle was built. Likewise, you can make CA carburetors work on 49 state specifications motorcycles. I have used both CA specification carburetors on 49 state specification motorcycles, as well as their original-specification 49 state carburetors. I haven't seen any significant differences in operation. I have no equipment for 'reading' the gasoline evaporative emissions output (or lack thereof). Consult the factory service manual for further information.

http://vmoa.net/VMX12-Service-Manual01.pdf
See #30-46, below, and note the canister #32 is no-longer available.

VMax 2007 gas evaporative canister.png

Last edited:
Back