new gen max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumacorp

Reaction score
I test drove the new max,,but I couldnt rip on it cause the owner would only let me test drive it on his street so no holeshots for me..Anyone have one and how does it compare to the old max?

i test drove the new max,,but i couldnt rip on it cause the owner would only let me test drive it on his street so no holeshots for me..anyone have one and how does it compare to the old max?

superior in all aspects

imho

I test drove the new max,,but I couldnt rip on it cause the owner would only let me test drive it on his street so no holeshots for me..Anyone have one and how does it compare to the old max?

The most suprising aspect for me when I first rode my Gen 2 is the handling. Blowing through the twisties is just as fun as WFO in a straight line.

I actually have a 2007 and a 2010...
No comparison between the two. I like the Gen I for what it is, but the power, handling, brakes, looks (IMO) are far superior on the 2010... 85 tech vs 2010 tech plain and simple. But, I still love the Gen I as well!

Having owned a gen 1 and gen 2, I have to agree with what the other guys say. I remember on the Gen 1 that once I passed 120mph on the speedo, the bike started to feel a bit squirly. That does not happen on the Gen 2, in fact, it seems to like going that fast. The torque is better, coming at a much lower RPM than on the Gen 1. I like much more about the Gen 2 than I dislike, but there are two things I do not like. The bike has an extremely short range, I would say 100 miles max depending on how hard I get on the throttle. The idle is too smooth, the Gen 2 has milder cams than the Gen 1 and it doesn't have that cool sounding drag racer idle. Overall, if you're thinking about getting one, you should.

Latest posts

Back