New guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MADMANMALKIV

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently do not have a vmax but have heard the stories over the years of the magic that is. I currently own two yamaha's: 1985 RZ350 and the new generation of R6. Hope to look and learn.

Hi all, I currently do not have a vmax but have heard the stories over the years of the magic that is. I currently own two yamaha's: 1985 RZ350 and the new generation of R6. Hope to look and learn.

Hello and welcome - all the good stories you have heard about the Max are true...anything else are slanderous lies put about by its detractors!

You don't say where you are, but now it's more or less summer here in the UK, there are quite a few Vmax up for sale, in fact more than any time I remember in the last 3 years since I started looking (covid 19 put knocked 2 years out).

if you want to see a large handful of vmax's there's a big gathering next week june 23rd thru 26th in somerset Pa . I hear some are staying at the days inn in somerset while most are at the red roof inn which i hear is booked up .. Don't matter what you ride come on out and enjoy and see some bikes that have been modified to bikes that are just plain stock and owners are just as nuts

Hi welcome I got my max in November of 2019 and call it a freight train with jet engine on it it’s different challenging fun unpredictable and will make you a independent thinker try it I still have my Yamaha rd350 and rx100 in india

I would say this to you they're more of a torque bike. If you're willing to learn how to launch a shaft bike. I think the myth how fast they are is because . How the stock suspension likes to rise, Unloading the suspension. If the oil light doesn't come on sending it. It's not running right.

Appreciate the all insight so far and thanks for upbeat welcome. I've never owned a bike that let you sit upright. In the past I've had some mild tuned ducati's, a war horse aprilia for a track mule, loved my gsxr before someone run it over, se la vie. The spec sheets for the vmax really puts them all to shame on the bottom end and a friend of mine really describes it as a mad man's machine. Sounds like he's right

if you want to see a large handful of vmax's there's a big gathering next week june 23rd thru 26th in somerset Pa . I hear some are staying at the days inn in somerset while most are at the red roof inn which i hear is booked up .. Don't matter what you ride come on out and enjoy and see some bikes that have been modified to bikes that are just plain stock and owners are just as nuts
Any specific location for the meet? Or just follow the sound?

Mad man’s bike could be a good term
I’ve had both and currently another gen 2
She is a very strong opinionated burly bitch that will have no problem setting you straight but if you manage to keep yourself somewhat in check she will teach you things about physics you never dreamed about, she will let you ride her hard and fast but you had better be good or she will certainly correct your lack of respect

yeah I would say you really need to be twisted to put her through a workout
Big beautiful angry nasty bitch.

cheers
Peter

I would say this to you they're more of a torque bike. If you're willing to learn how to launch a shaft bike. I think the myth how fast they are is because . How the stock suspension likes to rise, Unloading the suspension. If the oil light doesn't come on sending it. It's not running right.

Would you please explain how to properly launch a shaft driven bike?

Latest posts

Back