New idea for a new look for the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dale914

Reaction score
SO, here's my idea, paint the max to look like a Viet Nam era fighter jet (F4?) I'm thinking of painting it mat-olive drab, with the red triangle "jet intake" signs on the fake scoops, try to make the exhaust look like jet engines or missles.... just an idea, has this been done before???

custom+Yamaha+VMAX.jpg

I thought there were some of the Gen 1, but I couldn't find any.

Jeff

Once I posted some pics of a Venture w/a lot of paintwork, not sure if it was like the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk style shown here. It was in a craigslist ad in MI as I recall. It may not even have been in this forum, as it was awhile ago, but someone spent a lot of $$ to make it look like it did. The P4 Phantom is always a good theme, as are any of the 'Century Series' from Lockheed, which includes my favorite fighter, the F104 Starfighter. I think our esteemed former president, "W," flew one in the National Guard (F 104).

Good find KJ... that is the other one I was thinking about!

I'd love to make a P51 - Vmax look alike!

The guy that does my tattoo work is also a world class artist, He has done a couple of other paint jobs for me in the past along with 2 full sleeves on my arms.. Anyway I am getting him to paint one on my Gen I's in a very original designed for the VMAX kinda theme. I will of course start a thread and show process before til after. Every bike that he has done for me has been amazing. I cant wait to see what his vision of this machine will be. I included some pictures of a Harley I built this year for the ROT rally that he painted.

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMAG0100.jpg
    IMAG0100.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg