New Idea to Facilitate a Mod Budget

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrBiem

Reaction score
So I have been looking into donating plasma. You can make $200 a month, which I think would be a respectable monthly budget for fun Max mods. Plus it helps out sick people, so win win right? Just thought I'd share my brainstorm...

JB

My wife sells her blood. She has o- and whatever is in it they want, they spin it out. She gets $55 dollars every time, and can do it twice a week. There are also bonuses if you are consistant. A few weeks ago we went to red lobster on a gift card from the blood place. If your thinking of doing it there is one thing to consider. You can't have a problem with big needles.

So I have been looking into donating plasma. You can make $200 a month, which I think would be a respectable monthly budget for fun Max mods. Plus it helps out sick people, so win win right? Just thought I'd share my brainstorm...

JB
i THATS A GREAT IDEA !.. MONEY'S - MONEY !

My wife sells her blood. She has o- and whatever is in it they want, they spin it out. She gets $55 dollars every time, and can do it twice a week. There are also bonuses if you are consistant. A few weeks ago we went to red lobster on a gift card from the blood place. If your thinking of doing it there is one thing to consider. You can't have a problem with big needles.
i MY WIFE HAS TYPE "O" , THEY'RE ALWAYS CALLING , SHE DONATES ABOUT EVERY-OTHER MONTH , THEY DON'T GIVE HER A FUCKING THING ! .......,,,..... BUT THATS NEW JERSEY FOR YA' ! .. :confused2:

Last edited:
I didn't know they'd pay ya for that! I might start doing that, and donating sperm. Should pull in a few extra bucks each month that way!

I have O+ which is the most commonly found (O- is rarest). Anyone with type "O" is considered a universal donor since our blood can be used in an emergency since it is compatible with anyone regardless of blood type. We can't accept anyone with other type blood though.

I have been giving whole blood (not just plasma) to the red cross for a number of years. Every 58 days if I can remember to make my appointment. Someday I may need some back so I don't have a problem giving!

Sean

I have O+ which is the most commonly found (O- is rarest). Anyone with type "O" is considered a universal donor since our blood can be used in an emergency since it is compatible with anyone regardless of blood type. We can't accept anyone with other type blood though.

I have been giving whole blood (not just plasma) to the red cross for a number of years. Every 58 days if I can remember to make my appointment. Someday I may need some back so I don't have a problem giving!

Sean

Way to go Sean ! Anyone that donates blood to the red cross has a big + in my book. I've been donating blood too, for about 30+ years now. Working towards the 13 gallon mark !! With B- blood, the second rarest, I'm called every 58 days too.

I'm allergic to needles...

Every time they stick one in me, I get tense, sweat, get fearful, and bleed.

I do NOT do needles... In fact, I'd pay someone 200 bucks to do it for me. :biglaugh:

Chris

Sean
I am w/you! I began giving many yrs. ago. One of my co-workers was in a boating accident & that was when I began. I have donated > 10 gallons and would not sell my blood, but if someone wanted to do that, that is their business.

Sean
THATS WHAT MY WIFE HAS , WHEN YOU SAID ; UNIVERSAL DONOR , THATS WHAT SHE ALWAYS SAY'S AND THATS WHY THERE ALWAYS CALLING ! .. BECAUSE ANYONE CAN USE IT ! . I JUST HAD TO EDIT MY LAST POST ! . :confused2:

I'll have to look into this, but how can you call it "donate" if they pay you for it? :)

I'm not exactly sure on the donate vs. pay terminology they use. But according to their website they aren't actually buying the plasma but rather paying you for the 1.5-2 hrs per time that it takes to accomplish the goal. :confused2:

JB

I'll have to look into this, but how can you call it "donate" if they pay you for it? :)
In medical-language, the term 'universal donor' refers to the ability to allow your blood to be used by any other blood-type classified person. It's the phrase which is used in medicine. it has nothing to do w/the "vending" of your blood.

"Universal receipient" means you can accept others' blood of different types.

Compare it to brake fluid. Type "3" DOT has a set boiling point. You can add Type "4" to a reservoir containing Type "3", but not the other way around if you want to maintain the boiling point of the fluid intact. Type "4" has a higher boiling point. In everyday use this is not so-important, as the boiling points are relatively close-together, but in a heavy duty use like a 149 mph motorcycle, you need all the stopping power you can get. Since the brake fluid attracts water, which lowers the boiling point, changing fluid once a year to lessen the corrosive effects of water absorbed into your brake systems and to flush out other impurities is a good practice.

I thought mixing type 3 with type 4 brake fluid would cause a cottage cheese effect? :ummm::ummm:

I'm allergic to needles...

Every time they stick one in me, I get tense, sweat, get fearful, and bleed.

I do NOT do needles... In fact, I'd pay someone 200 bucks to do it for me. :biglaugh:

Chris

Im with you Chris, not good with needles.
The only way i would do it is if a family member or friend needed my blood.

i MY WIFE HAS TYPE "O" , THEY'RE ALWAYS CALLING , SHE DONATES ABOUT EVERY-OTHER MONTH , THEY DON'T GIVE HER A FUCKING THING ! .......,,,..... BUT THATS NEW JERSEY FOR YA' ! .. :confused2:

Same up here Tim simply voluntary, I'm O- and baby donor. I donate every other month. Comming up on the second gallon marker either on the 5th of this month or in june. The blood bank of Alaska has a pretty cool office here in town. No money but oh well, I've gotten t-shirts, and coupons that cover a nice lunch from various resteraunts. I don't have a problem with giving, the gals that draw my blood are pretty cool and always have a great conversation. Besides its a nice way to fill the karma jar, one pint at a time. :)

We have a blood drive at work every eight weeks and I donate there.

I used to give 2-3 times a year at the local Red Cross blood drives but since I became a diabetic 5 years ago I can no longer donate. I liked to donate knowing it would help somebody in need. The needle part doesn't bother me, in fact I have blood drawn 4 times a year now but it's just for testing.

Latest posts

Back