New job.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
So I've moved around ALOT , gaining experience , manufacturing,production welding , welding school instructor, big truck builder , heavy steel fabricator , Ect. I believe all that experience is about to pay off. Maybe not in dollars and cents ( but you never know) but in job satisfaction and physical requirements of my anticipated new position.

I will be the metal guy for a European classic car restorer, by metal guy I mean the guy reproducing the parts that can't be bought. With the only pressure being to duplicate the part nicely. I can do that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 67
Wow.....that is so cool!!!!! Congrats

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Awesome!

I think this might lead to the release of some new never before thought of Vmax mods. :punk:

Definitely post pics of your work once you get started. Classic restorations can get really hairy sometimes.

Good for you in job satisfaction, I hope the paychecks are regular in coming. Looks like they work on anything auto that has an owner capable of paying the bills. Looks like a '50's Vette over the RR fender of the 911. And, what's to the left (driver's side) of the foreground 911? A Lancia or Alfa-Romeo?

I have an acquaintance who runs a European car shop in Ft. Lauderdale, he's got a real smorgasbord of customers. One time I was in there and he had a brand-new Countach w/its engine lying next to it. The owner burned-out the clutch in < 3K miles/driving and brought it in to be changed. Pulling the engine to get to the clutch was required. Another time he had two of these in the shop, there are only 351 in the world:
ClickHandler.ashx

Anyone know what this is? Worth 7 figures. And in an interesting coincidence of karma, its engine was farmed-out to Yamaha for development, an inline 6.

Maybe the poor owner of this car will bring it to your shop:
toyota-2000-gt-crushed-by-falling-tree-screencap_100469103_m.jpg

Crushed by a rotting tree which collapsed on it. Same model of car. I bet this guy was crying!

Anyway, you probably get to solve lots of owners' problems doing that work, so maybe one will give you a bonus for the work!

I believe this will be the first car I help with , don't remember what it is but it's one of 100 , its Italian , and it's owner by a billionaire , yes a billionaire . I'm looking forward to it.

The cars in the previous picture are a 61 vette, there's a couple porches in there, a jag E-Type , a Maserati in the right for ground , and in the back out of sight is a lotus Élan.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 37
Really happy for you Rick. A shop like that will really value the skills you've developed over the years, and seeing the results of your work will be very rewarding for you.

The collector car "industry" did not suffer through the recession like most others. Rare automobile prices are as high as ever, especially the European stuff.

Best of luck in the new job, I hope it a place you love and stay with for a long time.

Latest posts

Back