new kid on the block

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtoebaert-5311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1664757/meet-ed-jacobs-designer-of-americas-meanest-motorcyle

How come I never heard of Confederate Motorcycles? Does anyone have some background info?

meanest.bmp

They have been around like forever.....10 or 15 years.......they are just like how Buell started......take a hot S&S motor and build a frame around it.

They build customs for shows and special order.....not cheap.

Yep, they have been around and showcased in many magazines. They come up with some cool rides but they aren't cheap.

Sean

I believe the company was basically destroyed in the hurricane katrina , but started over. Some I like , others not so much. Moot point for me though , way out of my price range .

Wraith - P-120-Fighter

Attachments

• Confederate Wraith 1.jpg
    Confederate Wraith 1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 38
  • confederate-motor-p120-fighter-pebble-beach-concours-8.jpg
    confederate-motor-p120-fighter-pebble-beach-concours-8.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 39
Put a VMax v4 engine in that Wraith and you have a REAL bike...as it is right now, they look like all-show boulevard bikes. IMHO.

Elimax

Put a VMax v4 engine in that Wraith and you have a REAL bike...as it is right now, they look like all-show boulevard bikes. IMHO.

Elimax

They do look like posers , but are way over engineered for strength , durability and performance. The guys that design 'em also ride. 135 H.P. figure come to mind , but that's just from memory. Road tests by the rags were all positive for performance and look at me qualities.

I think I remember watching a show that showed them building Jay Leno's...or was it Jay spotlighting the company as they built one for some Saudi prince--point being extreme piles of gold is required to afford one. Hahaha

regards from my tapatalking android...

Very spendy, they try quite hard to project a "Rolls Royce" aura of exclusivity about them as well. If you look on the webpage, horesepower is just listed as "sufficient".

For the P120, it's a 120ci twin @ 160rwhp/135lbs of torque, makes the Vmax's 115/80 seem paltry. My question is how they expect you to stay on it, when the "seat" is a small foam roller.

The 160/135 numbers are certainly impressive, but I'm very happy with the performance of my Gen1....................And it's paid for!...................:biglaugh:..................Tom.

If you want to research Craig's List I saw one on there not too-long ago & not for the o.t.d. price, it was used. I do not think it was crashed.

Here it is: http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/2672598260.html

5Z55W45S33kd3o33l5bar9b8d671b5a4c1b36.jpg
5Y55V45R13n03m93lfbar2c769d2f5c281ed9.jpg
5O35Z05W53k13mc3l5bar7af34ede63af1130.jpg

Confederate Hellcat 120 Cu. In. - $14,000 (Davie, Fl.)

Date: 2011-10-27, 8:58PM EDT
Reply to:[email protected]

2001 Confederate Hellcat with the 120 Cu.In. S&S Balanced and Blue printed with 2" Closed primary 200 x 17 Rear Metzler Radial and 120 x 17 Front Metzler Radial. Rubber is brand new. This Bike has 6900 original miles.There is Dual 6 Piston ISR Brakes and rear 2 Piston ISR Brakes and Calipers. These are the finest Brakes that are made, yes better than Brembo. This Bike has the Best of everything that is Built from the Confederate Factory. The Bike needs nothing.I added Air Horn and HID Headlights. Everything works needs nothing. Luggage is made in Belgium. I love this Bike and will probably never be able to afford another Confederate. Call Alan, maybe a Boat or Motorcycle Trade. Would rather have Cash. I am going to answer my phone 954-646-3662
end of ad​

BTW, this comes from the same area I got "a113ycat's" 1995 VMax. I test-rode his before he bought it sight-unseen, I am 'volunteering' to do the same w/this Confederate. Only thing is, the price is so-low maybe it is a scam. Then again, it's 11 years old, and no one is going to finance this at anything but some shylock extortionate rate, it's going to have to be a cash deal. So, maybe the price is in-line...

The mags all like them but the price of admission has been a big impediment. I have seen one on the streets here & it was LOUD!

This bike for sale is of course the earlier iteration of the Confederate hellcat. As-such, it is an S&S motor. It's built of premium bits & parts, much in the manner of the first quarter of the 20th century automotive industry. Companies would buy bits & pieces, manufacture some things, assemble it and sell it. Some of the premium brands of the time would make the running gear and then leave it up to the owner to have it bodied by a coachbuilder, this approace was used both here and abroad. Cadillac, Lincoln, Chrysler, Packard, Duesenberg, Bugatti, they all made the chassis/running gear, and then let the customer assign coachbuilding the body & interior to whoever the owner wanted. Again, this was their premium offerings, because Cadillac, Lincoln, Chrysler, and Packard all made less-expensive models already completed, just pay the man and drive away.

The new Hellcat is their own design and this one for sale I posted is not it! Here is a link to their site for their current offerings. The Hellcat x132 and the Wraith are their two current models.
http://confederate.com/motorcycles/hellcat/

Confederate has been around since 1991, and I really like their older designs, like this Wildcat 113:

bighc048de.jpg

However, if I were going to blow an assload of cash on a full-on custom sporty big twin, I like Wakan & Ecosse Moto a bit better:

3588_0.jpg

ECOSSE.jpg

Back