New max owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osirus065

Reaction score
ok Ive been wanting a vmax for a looong time. A month ago I got one. 1986 vmax. I ve been working and riding it every chance I get. I got it running by cleaning the carbs. fixed the charging system. replaced plugs, wires and new caps. Oil looks good for now. Replaced fuel filter. Replaced air filter with a new k&n. Tonight I tightend the steering head bearing per morleys video. thanks. Here is some pictures of my new baby

picture of my baby

Attachments

• 86 vmax 008.jpg
    86 vmax 008.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 86 vmax 009.jpg
    86 vmax 009.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 94
  • 86 vmax 011.jpg
    86 vmax 011.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 96
Hard to believe there was a completely stock 86 out there! Looking good.

Must be extremely low mileage. That baby is looking sweeeet!

Welcome, nice bike. Anyone taking bets on how long till th e first mod? I'll take 5 weeks.

Matt

chaeng the oil as soon as you can that way you will know just whats in it .allso you need to warm it up befor you get up it at least 1/4 on the temp gauge.our do the oil o ring mod from sean.. ps how many miles on it ? good luck nice old max :punk::punk::punk:

How many miles? That thing is in great shape. Looks like probably always indoors storage.

On that note, what kind of idiot buys a VMAX to let it sit unused for 30 years? His/Her stupidity = your gain ;)

That is probably the best-condition 1986 I've seen, that is 28 years-old. Much better looking than nearly any year, actually! It looks like it arrived at the dealer's showroom, got a bit of use, and was parked in climate-controlled storage while still being maintained.

Thanks you guys for all the positive complements. Bike has 21000 miles on it. I changed the oil and filter today. Oil looked like it had been changed early in the season. Found no shavings on the drain plug magnet. I used a factory filter and rotella 15w40 heavy duty oil. I think the antifreeze is next on the to do list. Im not sure about mods though. I like the way it looks and sounds now. But i do like the marks exhaust and the morleys jet kit. I baby it but hit the vboost about twice a week. Wonder how long the back tire will last:punk:

Back